Kinesis Racelight 4S Disc frameset - 2018
Kinesis Racelight 4S Disc frame and fork - 2018
The ultimate Winter bike gets the ultimate upgrade with the addition of disc brake mounts, internal cable routing and a brand new carbon fork to match. Disc brakes really come into their own on the grimy wet roads that this winter bike has to endure, and coupled with up to a 32mm tyre and full mudguards it makes life a little easier for the rider too!
The inboard disc caliper mount is the new Shimano flat mount standard and is very minimal. This frame has been designed to be built with either disc or caliper brakes so you can use current non disc wheels and caliper brakes and upgrade to disc later…or run caliper brakes in the Summer and discs in the Winter maybe…it’s down to you. The dropouts are adaptable between 130mm QR and 135mm QR by means of our Kinesis dropout adaptors, keeping all options open.
The new full Carbon fork is specially designed for this model to run either disc or caliper brakes and features the discreet flat mount with hose clip, eyelets for mudguards and a caliper brake mount in the crown. The tapered steerer provides plenty of stiffness to cope with the disc brake forces and keeps everything tracking and handling as nicely as before.
The frame is also has full internal routing for the front and rear mech cables and rear disc brake hose in the downtube, which neatly exit via ports in a special BB shell. This brings the 4S right up to date and we believe it is the best value and most versatile four season bike on the market. The 4S disc is in a class of its own.
- Tapered headtube
- Smooth welded Kinesium tubeset is optimised for stiffness in the front triangle with compliance for comfort in the rear triangle
- Disc mount – Flat mount calipers can be run with 140mm rotors or 160mm with appropriate adaptor.
- Eyeletted seat stays for mudguards and racks, 32mm tyre clearance with 'guards.
- Internal cable routing, Di2 compatible
- 130mm and 135mm rear QR hub compatible – removable bolt in dropout spacers (not supplied)
- Dual bottle mounts
- Tapered headtube – 1” 1/8 top race, tapered to 1” ½ bottom 36x45 integrated FSA type.
- 27.2mm seat post required
- 68mm BSA threaded bottom bracket
- 31.8 band on front mech mount
- Frameset includes fork, headset, seatclamp and two 160mm post mount adaptors
Please Note: This is frame only and not a full bike as pictured
MORTONGreat looking frame set, with the advantage of internal cabling. BB needed to be reamed out as screw threads were jammed with paint. Goes together well and has made a great touring/winter bike. Needed to research Kinesis website for mudguard intallation info. Altogether to be recommended. Merlin customer service is really good.