Kinesis Racelight Granfondo Ti V3 Frameset
Kinesis Racelight Granfondo Titanium V3 Frameset
The super-versatile, all year titanium mile eater.
- AEROgrade brushed Ti3AL/2.5V frame
- Tapered milled head tube with matching full carbon fork.
- Internal cable routing for both cable and electronic wires
- Integrated Mudguard and Rack mounts
- Fantastic tyre clearance for wide tyres and mudguards
- Tapered milled head tube with integrated tapered headset
- 31.6mm seatpost fitting
- 34.9mm seat clamp (Ti and Ti bolt included )
- Clearance for 30mm tyres
- Long drop 47mm - 57mm
- Sizes: 48cm- 51cm – 54cm – 55.5cm - 57cm – 60cm
Frame/’Tracer’ full-carbon monocoque, taper steerer fork/Ti Clamp/FSA taper 1.5 Headset/Anodised alloy adjusters/Stainless bottle bolts
- Totally new taper head tube. Machined from billet and engraved with ‘Kinesis UK’ icon.
- Now with clearance for 28c [depending on brand] when using full size ‘guards [refer to FAQ's 16]. Geometry is set for long-reach [47-57mm] calipers, this gives far more clearance for larger tyres.
- New ‘Tracer 1.5' Taper 1.5, 450g, monocoque carbon fork with eyelets and clearance for full-size ‘guards and long-drop calipers.
- Tough 7mm dropouts are double-eyeletted to easily accomodate rack and mudguard stays and our own brake bridge gives maximum tyre clearance.
- Top tube is re-profiled with horizontal ovalisation, giving greater lateral stiffness when out of the saddle, complimenting the new fork and headtube.
- Down tube is Bi-ovalised where it meets the BB and Headtube.
- Increased BB drop for stability at speed, precision cornering and better fit.
- Welds at highly stressed area’s like the head tube and BB are ‘double pass’, ensuring proper penetration and a decent fillet on the second pass.
- Seat stays are curved with a 2m radius, providing silky smooth comfort over long distances. Chain stays are deep section and set wide at the BB for stability, we use ‘Bullet’ ends to finish them off perfectly.
- All eyelets are welded, not riveted, so they will never come loose. There is a ‘chain keeper’ on the RHS seat stay to neatly hold the chain when the wheel is out.
- All stops, including down tube adjusters are slotted, making cable servicing much easier, adjusters are high qual. anodised alloy. Hand brushed finish with heat cured decals.
Mr TalbotGreat looking frame, attention to detail is superb. Have built with Ultegra groupset and dura ace c24 wheels. Haven't weighed but feels not far off my carbon bike. The difference is the ride quality - comfy and quiet on the road, none of that annoying vibration that you get riding carbon. 1st ride did 85 miles and felt 30% fresher than usual. Looks good too and stands out from all the carbon littering the roads on a Sunday morning. Merlin did this at a great price (£1,250) and it came with all parts ready to build. This bike is versatile too. I really don't think I need another road bike.
TBDelighted with the frameset and currently building into a dream bike. Cheaper than anywhere else and bought this one as I love Kinesis bikes and this one is replacing my old Racelight T3.
MarcAbsolutely delighted with the frame. I've had a number of different carbon frames and an aluminium frame, but none of them ride like titanium. After a few weeks off the bike, the day after a first ride out I usually get sore sit bones from being rattled about on a carbon frame. The day after riding the kinesis I had no such problems and could get straight back out there. I assemble and maintain my own bikes and it was a pleasure to put it together, the quality of the mounts and welds is brilliant. It also really stands out from the crowd. I got some TRP long reach calipers and it now brakes better than my ultegra set. I also love the geometry, responsive but stable. Sitting up and taking off a Jersey with both hands it just cruises with no twitchy steering, but its very responsive and I just love attacking corners on it and pushing the limits of my tires. I'd highly recommend to anyone. It's said a titanium bike is for life, well I certainly think that will be the case with this one. What are you waiting for go treat yourself, brilliant price and service from Merlin cycles as usual as well!
RNRBeautifully made frame. Have so far only done a couple of hundred km but very pleased with the way it rides. Confident handling and decent comfort. Of course, comfort is very subjective and also depends on things like tyres size/pressure, seat-post type and extension. My evaluation is that it equals the comfort of a relaxed-geometry high quality steel touring frame whilst exceeding that of comparable (i.e. compact 'ish') steel or carbon geometries. Also, weight is comparable to mid-range carbon frame. I would be happy to have this as my only bike if needed.