Kinesis Tripster AT Disc Road/Gravel Frameset - 2017
In Stock - Ready to Ship - New Tripster Aluminium Go Anywhere Frameset
'AT' stands for All Terrain. Our new one bike to do it all. Tripster AT takes our years of experience gained from the now legendary Tripster ATR and our range of championship winning cyclocross bikes, to create a bike capable of almost all terrains and adventures.
During the development of the Tripster AT we also worked closely with the late Mike Hall in the design process and gained from Mike’s knowledge and love of long distance, multi-terrain riding.
The final production model features a number of enhancements thanks to Mike’s input and you can see this referenced on the frame graphics. Under Additional Info. is an email form Mike showing his input on the graphical styling of the Tripster AT
The Tripster AT boasts cutting edge adventure bike features and versatility, allowing it to be built to excel across a variety of uses. Commute on it, ride bridleways and gravel with it, go bike packing on it, ride across continents on it. The new Tripster AT will take all of this in its stride and more.
With through axles front and rear, clearance for 700c x 45mm or 650B x 52mm tyres and with cable routing for any kind of group set, this bike can be a two wheeled Swiss Army Knife! Add in multiple bottle cage mounting, rack and mudguard mounts and the dependability of a British Standard bottom bracket with Kinesis UK proven geometry and you have a recipe for adventure.
The Tripster AT is such a capable and versatile bike that it might well be the one you ride the most of all.
- Tough yet lightweight Kinesium tubeset with tapered machined headtube.
- 31.8mm seat tube for 27.2mm seat post (will add a bit of compliancy).
- Colour matched Full carbon tapered Tripster AT fork with 12mm thru axle.
- Disc mount – Inboard Shimano Flat-mount on frame rotor size is 140mm (160mm compatible).
- Seat stay mounts for mudguards and pannier racks. Bridges on chain stay and seat stay for fender mounting, runs 40mm tyres with full mudguards for clean winter riding!
- Beyond gravel capability with 700c x 45mm tyre clearance with supplied fork and up to 52mm clearance on the frame.
- 3 x bottle boss mounts for extra carrying capacity or storing a tool keg.
- Optimum hydration system – moveable down-tube bottle cage mounting to allow for full bottle carry capacity even with a frame bag.
- Rear 142 x 12mm Thru-axle (included), new 12mm E-thru drop out hanger. Shimano direct mount hanger optional.
- Internal cable routing for mechanical and electronic gear systems.
- BSA threaded BB for real world low maintenance riding.
- FSA Taper headset included, Kinesis seat clamp.
Frameset Includes: Kinesis Tripster Thru Axle Disc Fork (full carbon), Headset and Seat clamp
Mr Jimmy PrestoThis is my second Kinesis frame I bought from Merlin Cycles and it wont be the last one either. In other words, I love the Tripster series from Kinesis and highly recommended to anyone looking to get into gravel/adventure bicycles. The first one I bought was the Tripster V2 ATR and now the Tripster AT. I like the following features: flat mount f/r disc brakes, BSA threaded external bottom bracket, up to 47 700c for the ATR and 50 700c for the AT, and they come in my size 48. Merlin Cycles is a reliable online store for me and have not disappointed on all my past orders. Please keep up your good work!
Danny JGreat service from Merlin, I also bought the build kit, which is ok and ripe for upgrade along the road. I got the Seeon yellow and it really pops. Used it last night on a group gravel ride which was more Mtb'ing than gravel. The bike handled impeccably. On the road sections I thought I might struggle but cruised along nicely between 16-20mph. It's a looker and I'm very happy with it.