Kurt Kinetic InRIDE Cycle Computer is no longer available at Merlin Cycles. However you may find an alternative or updated product below.
Kurt Kinetic InRIDE Cycle Computer
This item was discontinued 20th April 2015.
If you require help finding an alternative to this product please contact customer services.
Kurt Kinetic InRide Power Meter
The Kinetic inRide is the next-generation of watt meter. The system uses the new Bluetooth Smart communication protocol found in the iPhone 4S and iPad 3 to pair a heart rate monitor and power sensor pod with the new Kinetic inRide iPhone App* to measure wattage with any Kinetic fluid trainer.
The incredibly accurate fluid trainer power curve allows precise wattage readings at exact speeds as measured indoors on a Kinetic fluid trainer. Firmware in the inRide Sensor Pod measures speed and cadence at the tire and translates that to wattage with a simple equation. That data and the heart rate data is collected and displayed on the paired iPhone. Postworkout file sharing allows you to upload training data to your favorite web site or email files to a remote coach.
All current Kinetic fluid trainers are compatible with Kinetic inRide allowing the rider to capitalize on the benefits of a wattage-based training program.
AVAILABLE FOR iPHONE 4S, 5, iPAD 3 iPad Mini, the New iPod Touch ONLY (NOT AN iPAD-SPECIFIC APP)
- Kinetic inRide sensor and Heart Rate Monitor pairs with iPhone 4s using Bluetooth Smart protocols, eliminating need for additional dongles.
- Kinetic inRide sensor transmits power, cadence, speed and distance
- Power data includes: TSS, nPower, iFactor, mean maximal power* and time-in-power zones
- 5 different data screens allow you to focus on wattage or heart rate
- Personalized power and heart rate zone info based on rider lactate threshold or maximum heart rate.
- Auto-calculated wattage and HR zones show current, average, and max heart rate and total time spent in each training zone during workout.
- Calorie burn tracks energy expenditure when you configure user data including: age, weight, and height.
- Auto coast-down calibration accurately sets wattage for varying tire pressure and trainer roller tension
- Tracks lap splits
- Ride History logs results from your entire workout history, organized by date in the history tab.
- Upload workouts to popular training and workout-sharing web sites
- Email data in .pwx, .tcx, .csv, .gpx, or.wf files for upload and analysis anywhere.
- Audio announcements include: distance, time, pace, calories burned, heart rate zone and more at regular distance or time intervals for motivated workouts
- Music-player control screen to access library
- Kinetic inRide only compatible with Kinetic fluid resistance Trainers and is backwards compatible with all current models
- Easy installation, just stick sensor to back of resistance unit as instructed, insert plug and magnet into hole in roller, install Kinetic inRide app, configure rider data and get rolling!
- User can choose any iPhone case and bike mount system (not included with inRide).
- Works with iPhone 4s and iPad 3 only (not iPad app)
- Phone not included!