Mavic Ksyrium Pro Limited Edition Wheelset
The Ksyrium Pro Limited Edition 700C Road Wheelset from Mavic uses the same technology as the Ksyrium Pro SL, which has set new standards for modern wheel building. This wheel is equally at ease on fast rolling terrain or mountain courses, and for a couple of hours or an all-day adventure.
This wheel features a new rim for 2016 which is 2mm bigger, meaning that when used with 25c tyres the air volume is increased by 18 percent. The extra volume means you can lower the tyre pressure by 20 PSI while maintaining the same rolling resistance as with a narrower rim and tyre. The result is greatly improved comfort with no compromise on rolling efficiency to keep you fast on the long haul. And despite the lower tyre pressure, the increased distance between the rim edge and the ground (thanks to the extra air) means pinch flats are easily avoided. All of this is met by the trademark lightweight, stiffness and durability of Ksyriums, thanks to key features adapted from the Ksyrium Pro SL wheel. Zicral spokes, isopulse lacing, fore spoke drilling and ISM4D weight reduction all help keep this wheel superlight and super stiff.
To finish off this package the wheels have been equipped with the Yksion Pro GripLink on the front and PowerLink on the rear. The GripLink offers a specific tread pattern which helps evacuate water when cornering to increase confidence and speed in difficult conditions. It also offers very strong Kevlar puncture protection to improve safety. The PowerLink offers a more supple nylon puncture protection instead of Kevlar to lower rolling resistance. To reduce rolling resistance and increase speed even further, the tread pattern is optimized to reduce the pressure on the ground, while improving water evacuation from the centre to increase traction and efficiency in wet conditions.
- Rim: Maxtal clincher with SUP joint, fore spoke drilling and UB Control brake track. Rim also features ISM 4D weight reduction and 6.5mm valve hole. 24mm high front, 26mm asymmetrical rear, recommended for tyres 23 to 32mm. ETRTO 622x17c
- Hub Shell: Front Carbon with Aluminium flanges and rear Aluminium
- Spokes: Bladed Zicral, straight pull and double butted on front. Fore integrated aluminium nipples, laced radial front and rear isopulse
- Freewheel: FTS-L Steel
- Spoke Holes: 18/20
- Axle: Aluminium
- Bearings: Adjustable Sealed cartridge bearings
- Extra Features: Yksion Pro PowerLink/GripLink 25c tyres (Single compound, 127TPI, front kevlar breaker, rear nylon breaker, 7.7 bar (110PSI) max pressure, ETRTO 25-622)
- Weight: 1895g (Pair, including tyres), 1475g (pair), 210g (25c tyres, each)
- Notes: Supplied with BR601 QR, Multifunction adjustment wrench and user guide