Merlin MALT-CR SL Carbon Road Frame
We took inspiration from our much-loved Malt-CR for this SL version. We opted for an even higher grade of carbon - T700 Toray carbon - which not only saves a whole bunch of weight, it also enabled us to do a bit more with how the frame rides.
Lighter, more responsive, just plain faster. But without any of the teeth-chatering harshenss of some carbon bikes.
Don't get us wrong, the SL is designed for performance. It's a race bike after all. We've tuned the carbon layup for 'real world' riding too though. We think riders still want to spend a long time in the saddle no matter what bike they're on.
The Malt-CR SL builds into a fabulous all-round everyday road bike for the performance orientated rider.
There are 2 types of the Malt CR-SL frame, a specific Di2 model designed for the use of internal Di2 cables (this frame can also take a standard groupset) and the standard internal routed frame.
- Frame Full carbon monocoque construction
- T700 Toray Carbon Fibre
- Weight: Approx. 970g
- Full carbon forks with tapered steerer
- Full integral cable routing
- Bottom bracket: BB86 (Shimano BB71-41B)
- Replaceable gear hanger
- Front Mech Mount: Braze-on
- Headset: 1 1/8 - 1.5" Integrated headset Campag fit (not supplied)
- Fork: 1 1/8 tapered carbon steerer
Please note headset is not supplied.