Merlin Malt-G1X 105 Gravel Bike – Ex-Demo
Out of Stock
This is your chance to own an exclusive one-off Merlin Malt-G1X 105 build at a reduced price. This bike was used as a display bike in-store and is in excellent condition.
The Merlin Malt-G1X is our top of the range bike in the ever-expanding line of Merlin Malt-G gravel bikes. Following hot on the heels of our original Malt-G the Malt-G1X features a number of updates to the frame and forks; constructed from lightweight triple-butted 6061 aluminium it is paired with a light, full-carbon fork making the G1X the lightest and most agile frameset in the Malt-G range.
The Merlin Malt-G1X can handle a wide variety of terrain including gravel tracks and green lanes allowing you to combine sections of road with more challenging segments meaning more of your adventures can start at your front door. The Malt-G1X has a full complement of mounts the bike is ready to sport mudguards and even a rear pannier – so if you want to head off on a touring adventure or simply commute to work you can, no problem.
The Merlin Malt-G1X gravel bike frameset features a new lightweight triple-butted 6061 Aluminium frame with thru-axles front and rear to ensure that wheels are kept securely in place, disc brakes are always perfectly aligned and steering precision is further enhanced thanks to the wheel hub and fork essentially becoming one unit. The Malt-G1X frame includes flat-mounts for disc brakes and internal cable routing for brake and gear cables giving a cleaner, less cluttered look to the bike as well as enhanced protection from grit and grime meaning your bike will run smoother for longer.
With a comfortable, confident geometry that encourages all-day riding the Malt-G1X features a carbon thru-axle fork that stops the ride feeling too harsh when you’re on the ruff-stuff. We’ve spec’d the G1X with a Shimano 105 5800 11-speed groupset giving you a wide spread of gears for any terrain and any gradient; with a compact 48/36T ratio chainset and an 11/28T cassette you won’t be struggling to find the right gear regardless of whether you’re climbing loose tracks off-road or zipping along on flat roads. The Malt-G1X comes fitted with tough Aerus Quantum AL24 wheels featuring 6-Bolt thru-axle disc hubs and fast rolling, gravel-friendly 28mm Hutchinson Nitro 2 tyres (frame / fork has clearance for up to 38mm tyres). Finishing components include Aerus bars and stem as well as a super-comfy Charge Spoon saddle.
- Triple-Butted 6061 Series Aluminium with Thru-Axle & Flat Mount
- Internal gear cable routing
- Internal disc brake hose routing
- Flat-mount disc fitting for neater look
- Axle Size: 12x100 / 12x142
- Bottom Bracket: Threaded (English)
- Seatpost Size: 31.6mm
- Front Mech Mount: Band-On 34.9mm
- Headset: Internal (Included)
- Disc Mount: Flat Mount (Fork & Frame)
- Recommended Tyre Size: 700x38mm
- 650B Compatible
- Full-Carbon with Thru-Axle & Flat Mount by Blue Bikes
- Wheels: Aerus Quantum AL24 with 6-Bolt Disc Hub – Thru Axle
- Tyres: Hutchinson Nitro 2 28mm
- Gear/Brake Levers: Shimano 105 5800 - 11 Speed
- Front Derailleur: Shimano 105 5800
- Rear Derailleur: Shimano 105 5800 - 11 Speed
- Chainset: Shimano FC-R563 48/36T - 42T
- Cassette: Shimano 105 – 11/28T 11-Speed
- Chain: KMC - 11 Speed
- Pedals: Not included
- Saddle: Charge Spoon
- Seatpost: Uno Alloy
- Handlebars: Aerus AL
- Stem: Aerus AL 100mm
- Brake Calipers: TRP Mechanical Disc