MET Elfo Kids Cycling Helmet - 2017
MET’s kids helmets have always evolved from a simple but great idea to not just reproduce adult models in a smaller size but to pay special attention to the specific demands of our youngest customers.
The Elfo has its own shape with greater head coverage and is better suited to babies. Other examples of specific adaptations: the back of the helmet is almost vertical to enable the child to sit up straight in the bike seat and then there is the Bimbi-Secure internal geometry concept.
It ensures there is no contact between the helmet and the fontanelle, the most fragile zone of the child’s head, even on impact.
- In-Mould Intelligent Fusion Construction - Different densities of material, depending on the characteristics of each model.
- In-Mould Intelligent Fusion Construction - Exclusive technology developed by engineers in MET’s Research and Development laboratory. In-mould construction involves fusing together, in the same matrix, the two parts of the helmet shell (the interior which is generally black or grey polystyrene and the coloured polycarbonate exterior) during the moulding process. This construction technique provides better shock absorption results than the Twin-Shell at equivalent volume and material density. Thanks to the In-mould Intelligent Fusion process, MET goes even further by using different densities of material depending on the characteristics of each model to improve the weight/volume ratio while optimising the shock absorption capacity.
- Bimbi secure - In the event of an impact, the shock is dispersed away from the fontanels, the area of the skull which doesn’t fully close until after the first years of life.
- Bimbi plus - The back of the helmet is designed vertical and flat so the children can lean back and hold their head up comfortably in the baby seat.
- Integrated visor - Extra protection for the eyes and the face of the child.
- Safe-T e-Twist - LED light, which is easy to press on, is integrated into the central dial adjuster.
- Anti-Pinch Buckle - Designed to avoid any pinching, even when used clumsily.
- Anti-insects net - Prevents insects from entering the helmet through the front air intakes.
One size fits all
- The Elfo fits even the youngest kids, from 46 cm head size!
- Reflective stickers - At night or in tunnels, they make the bike visible to drivers approaching from behind.
These Helmets are certified with a European CE EN1078 standard. This is a European standard and although the helmet is perfectly safe to use, specific countries may have their own certification which is legally required if you intend to wear the helmet recreationally or in a competitive racing environment. If you are unsure, please check your specific country requirements and check with the manufacturer to see if the helmet has received any additional certification.
Shipping charges for this item to United States: $6.25