MET Parachute MTB Cycling Helmet - 2016
Weighing merely 700g (size medium), the Parachute is the lightest full face in the world certified to American ASTM F1952-2032 standards, the only authority which certifies full face bicycle helmets.
MET’s integrated fixed chin guard is designed to offer maximum protection. Strong, lightweight and highly ventilated, the Parachute is ideal for Enduro, allowing you to tackle climbs and descents whilst wearing the same helmet.
Packed with features, they’ve really thought of everything. Our Safe-T Advanced system allows you to fine tune the fit for optimum comfort and safety. The Homothetic Embedded Skeleton adds strength. The Gel 02 padding feels cool on your forehead and remains odour-free. Our rib system keeps your goggle strap in place. And MET’s multi-brand compatible camera mount is easy to install and remove.
- In-Mould Intelligent Fusion Construction - Different densities of material, depending on the characteristics of each model.
- In-Mould Intelligent Fusion Construction - Exclusive technology developed by engineers in MET’s Research and Development laboratory. In-mould construction involves fusing together, in the same matrix, the two parts of the helmet shell (the interior which is generally black or grey polystyrene and the coloured polycarbonate exterior) during the moulding process. This construction technique provides better shock absorption results than the Twin-Shell at equivalent volume and material density. Thanks to the In-mould Intelligent Fusion process, MET goes even further by using different densities of material depending on the characteristics of each model to improve the weight/volume ratio while optimising the shock absorption capacity.
- Homothetic Embedded Skeleton - Spreads the pressure built up at the impact point, and thus dissipates the force of impact over the whole shell.
- Monocoque - The world’s lightest full face helmet.
- Safe-T Advanced - Lighter with broader contact area, the pressure is distributed in a homogenous way.
- MET’s top of the range retention system provides the best weight and comfort ratio. 25% lighter than the Safe-T Smart, the Safe-T Advanced is welded which helps to reduce the weight. The contact points have increased comfort with a larger cradle surface area which is also designed to aid ventilation at the back of the head. The micro adjust dial offers very precise movements with 2mm per click for horizontal adjustment. The vertical adjustment offers 4 steps for the perfect fit. As standard on all of MET’s helmets, the retention features a full 360 degrees retention ring which fits around the head bringing unparalleled comfort with a very secure fit.
- Designed for performance - Its avant-garde design pushes the boundaries of what is accepted as the norm. The best ratio between maximal protection and minimum bulk.
- Double-D buckle - Can be adjusted perfectly and won’t need to be retightened.
- Multi position - Allows super fine tuning of the visor position. Aluminium screws. A style statement too!
- Front pad gel O2 - Hypo-allergenic, anti-bacterial, made from thermo-stabilising polyurethane morpho-gel. Keeps the forehead cooler.
- Cheek pads in two thicknesses - Can be swapped out for the other size to improve the helmet’s fit.
- Quick-release for aid in helmet removal in the event of an emergency.
- Removable on-board camera support - Leaves the helmet clean and tidy when not filming. Compatible multi-brand.
- Goggle clip - Keeps the goggle strap in place on the helmet.
- Reflective stickers - At night or in tunnels, they make the bike visible to drivers approaching from behind.