MET Rivale Road Cycling Helmet
New for 2016! Beat the competition with the lightest open aero road helmet in its class! MET’s engineers have redefined the parameters of aerodynamic efficiency through meticulous hours spent in the wind tunnel and incorporating feedback from Team MTN Qhubeka. The streamlined and compact shape of the Rivale saves 3 watts at 50km/h and weighing only 230g (med CE). The Venturi effect allows for maximum air intake to keep the head cool without sacrificing aerodynamics. The Rivale is the new standard of aero!
- HES Construction - Helps the energy management of the helmet by spreading the force of the impact out over the full shell instead of it being localised in one area.
- HES Construction - Homothetic Embedded Skeleton. In the event of an impact the pressure on the helmet shell is uneven, however, in reality most of the pressure is concentrated within a focused area. HES construction, which involves embedding a homothetic skeleton at the back of the helmet, spreads the pressure built up by compression at the impact point, and thus dissipates the force of impact over the whole shell. This exceptional design and a manufacturing technique, that today only MET has mastered, makes the HES concept a new reference in cycle helmet construction.
- In-Mould Intelligent Fusion Construction - Different densities of material, depending on the characteristics of each model.
- Safe-T Advanced - Our top of the range retention system provides the best weight and comfort ratio. 25% lighter than the Safe T Smart, the Safe T Advanced is welded which helps to reduce the weight. The contact points have increased comfort with a larger cradle surface area which is also designed to aid ventilation at the back of the head. The micro adjust dial offers very precise movements with 2mm per click for horizontal adjustment. The vertical adjustment offers 4 steps for the perfect fit. As standard on all of our helmets, the retention features a full 360 degrees retention ring which fits around the head bringing unparalleled comfort with a very secure fit. The Sinethesis size adjuster is also reflective.
- Air Lite straps - Breathability and comfort are extremely important, 15% lighter than a standard helmet strap, they are also more aerodynamic than a standard strap/divider combination. To provide additional visibility the straps also come with reflective detailing on the Sinethesis.
- Air Lite dividers - Ultra flat design helps to reduce aerodynamic drag.
- Embedded strap anchor points - Improves the aerodynamics and the straps’ tensile strength is more evenly distributed in case of impact.
- Coolmax TM internal padding - strategically placed to provide the best comfort and sweat absorption.
- Reflective stickers - At the rear of the helmet make you more visible.
These Helmets are certified with a European CE EN1078 standard. This is a European standard and although the helmet is perfectly safe to use, specific countries may have their own certification which is legally required if you intend to wear the helmet recreationally or in a competitive racing environment. If you are unsure, please check your specific country requirements and check with the manufacturer to see if the helmet has received any additional certification.