MET Rivale Road Cycling Helmet
The development of the Rivale is the pinnacle of decades of experience in helmet construction and design. With the Rivale, MET’s engineers have redefined the parameters of aerodynamic efficiency via meticulous hours spent in the wind tunnel and incorporating athlete feedback from Team MTN Qhubeka. The streamlined and compact shape provides unbeatable low drag performance for its class with a saving of 3 watts at 50km/h. Utilising the Venturi effect, the strategically positioned vents allow for the maximum intake of air by pulling the air through the helmet to the rear exhaust vents.
Rivale’s construction is based on an innovative design approach that focuses on the key performance parameters of the helmet making it compact, lightweight, ventilated and superiorly aerodynamic. Safe-T Advanced, MET’s top of the line fit system, provides the best weight and comfort ratio. The contact points have a larger cradle surface increasing comfort and are also designed to keep weight low and allow perspiration at the back of the head.The polyurethane soft padding improves the fitting affording a comfy head touch. Breathability and comfort are extremely important, that’s why the Rivale features Airlite straps which are 15% lighter than a standard helmet strap.
- The Rivale uses MET’s premium method of construction called HES
- Safe T Advanced, MET’s top of the line retention system, provides the best weight and comfort ratio
- 25% lighter than the Safe T Smart, the Safe T Advanced is welded which helps to reduce the overall weight
- Optional USB LED light which fits snugly onto the dial of the retention system will be available
- Coolmax internal padding strategically placed to provide the best comfort and sweat absorption