MET Veleno MTB Helmet - 2016
X-country riders have always been obsessed by the weight of their bike and the size of their tyres. Research shows, however, that they should be paying more attention to their helmet. A high head temperature means an increase in the amount of sweat the body is producing.
That leads to a higher loss of liquids and to dehydration, which in turn has a negative impact on the rider’s level of performance. Not with the Veleno, the most X-Country style helmet in MET’s MTB range.
The visor which directs the air towards the large intake vents, the GEL 02 front pad and the ventilated Kevlar straps all contribute to its anti ‘overheating’ system.
- In-moulding Intelligent Fusion - Different densities of material, depending on the characteristics of each model.
- In-Mould Intelligent Fusion Construction - Exclusive technology developed by engineers in MET’s Research and Development laboratory. In-mould construction involves fusing together, in the same matrix, the two parts of the helmet shell (the interior which is generally black or grey polystyrene and the coloured polycarbonate exterior) during the moulding process. This construction technique provides better shock absorption results than the Twin-Shell at equivalent volume and material density. Thanks to the In-mould Intelligent Fusion process, MET goes even further by using different densities of material depending on the characteristics of each model to improve the weight/volume ratio while optimising the shock absorption capacity.
- Full wrap - The polycarbonate shell wraps the bottom of the helmet towards the inside of the shell.
- Safe-T smart advanced - Lighter with broader contact area, the pressure is distributed in a homogenous way.
- MET’s top of the range retention system provides the best weight and comfort ratio. 25% lighter than the Safe-T Smart, the Safe-T Advanced is welded which helps to reduce the weight. The contact points have increased comfort with a larger cradle surface area which is also designed to aid ventilation at the back of the head. The micro adjust dial offers very precise movements with 2mm per click for horizontal adjustment. The vertical adjustment offers 4 steps for the perfect fit. As standard on all of MET’s helmets, the retention features a full 360 degrees retention ring which fits around the head bringing unparalleled comfort with a very secure fit.
- Kevlar straps - Ventilated, with breathability. Ultra-resistant.
- Lateral dividers strong fit - Positioning them correctly, then blocking them in the chosen position is child’s play.
- Three points attachment - Protects the face and especially the eyes from branches, sun, rain or mud flicked up.
- Front pad gel O2 - Hypo-allergenic, anti-bacterial, made from thermo-stabilising polyurethane morpho-gel. Keeps the forehead cooler.
- Reflective stickers - At night or in tunnels, they make the bike visible to drivers approaching from behind.
These Helmets are certified with a European CE EN1078 standard. This is a European standard and although the helmet is perfectly safe to use, specific countries may have their own certification which is legally required if you intend to wear the helmet recreationally or in a competitive racing environment. If you are unsure, please check your specific country requirements and check with the manufacturer to see if the helmet has received any additional certification.