Northwave Extreme Tech Plus Cycling Shoes is no longer available at Merlin Cycles. However you may find an alternative or updated product below.
Northwave Extreme Tech Plus Cycling Shoes
This item was discontinued 22nd November 2016.
If you require help finding an alternative to this product please contact customer services.
- Lightness first! Extreme Tech Plus is developed to provide top performance with reduced weight. All components have been designed to offer maximum lightness: the sole, the locking system and a unibody upper. Its sole is full carbon for top stiffness with minimum thickness and it operates with a double SLW2 dial closing system for micrometric closure and minimized thickness and weight. Thermowelded unibody upper, without stitching and overlapping materials.
- Top power transfer. Minimal thickness. Unbeatable lightness. Ultralight is the sole chosen by our best athletes. This year it has been further stiffened yet uses the same Airflow system to maintain excellent ventilation. The new Speedplay Adaptor also provides maximum power transfer onto the pedals thanks to a superthin stack of just 0.5 mm.
- Lighter, smaller and more accurate. The closure of the shoe can be adjusted whilst pedalling thanks to the "step by step" button. The release side button makes it easy the fully open of the shoe.
- BioMap by Northwave products are developed by taking advantage of the biomechanical tests performed on our award-medalists champions, so as to work in synergy to the natural movement of the body during the athletic gesture, along all the contact points with the bike and facilitate an effective aerodynamic resistance to air. No detail can be ignored if you want to be the first to cross the finish line.
- Co-developed with Speedplay
- Nylon with stainless steel outsole protection plate
- Just 0.3mm stack height instead of 3mm with normal Speedplay adaptor
- Saves 7.5 grams
- Still allows natural curved outsole shape and reduces unnecessary weight that some 4 hole flat soled Speedplay specific shoes have.
- The natural outsole shape means the fore or aft cleat positions do not push the pedal further from the foot compared to completely flat 4 hole systems.