Northwave Scorpius 2 Mountain Bike Shoe - 2018
The Northwave Scorpius 2 is the perfect mountain bike shoe for riders seeking their first pair of proper mtb shoes. Compatible with SPD clipless-pedal systems they’re packed full of user-friendly features and are made from cutting-edge materials to help enhance your pedaling efficiency on the bike as well as offering enhanced grip off the bike thanks to their aggressive natural rubber tread. The Scorpius 2 features a Jaws Carbon Reinforced sole with a stiffness index of 8.0 to provide a stiff, responsive pedaling platform as well as a form-fitting upper made using a Thermoweld layered construction technique to fit neatly around the top of your foot. The Scorpius 2 is firmly secured by three lightweight asymmetrical straps without creating unwanted pressure points while Northwave’s integrated heel system provides enhanced retention and prevents unwanted heel-lift.
- Stiff sole helps to provide great power transfer
- Thermowelded reinforcements for added protection from scuffs and abrasion
- Aggressive tread pattern for enhanced grip off the bike
- SPD pedals compatible
- Thermowelded Layer Construction combines multiple layers without overlaps reducing weight
- Three lightweight asymmetrical straps to reduce pressure on the foot