- Cycling Footwear
- Road Bike Shoes
- Northwave Torpedo Plus Cycling Shoes
Sorry, this product is no longer available!
Northwave Torpedo Plus Cycling Shoes is no longer available at Merlin Cycles. However you may find an alternative or updated product below.
This item was discontinued 22nd October 2016.
If you require help finding an alternative to this product please contact customer services.
The character is evident from the name: PRO. Designed and conceived by interpreting the needs of the professionals, this line is made with the most innovative technological advancements available, making use of cutting-edge solutions and ultra-light materials. Ideal for athletes who demand top performance from the products they choose. Because every detail can make the difference at the finish line.
Carbon Light Sole
- Carbon fibre and nylon: an effective solution for demanding cyclists who require high performance with very low weight.
NW Biomechanical Mapping
- From a biomechanical point of view, the foot function is essential as it stores the force generated by muscles which is then transmitted to the pedal in the boost phase. Each element of the BioMap shoes by Northwave has been designed to keep the foot in the correct position while pedalling, transmitting the force directly on the pedals without loss of energy.
Northwave has extended to its entire new collection the use of thermowelded unibody uppers. Two main advantages are:
- Use of thinner and therefore lighter materials
- Almost complete stitching elimination
New Northwave Speedplay Adapter System
- Co-developed with Speedplay
- Nylon with stainless steel outsole protection plate
- Just 0.3mm stack height instead of 3mm with normal Speedplay adaptor
- Saves 7.5 grams
- Still allows natural curved outsole shape and reduces unnecessary weight that some 4 hole flat soled Speedplay specific shoes have.
- The natural outsole shape means the fore or aft cleat positions do not push the pedal further from the foot compared to completely flat 4 hole systems
Please enter your e-mail address below then click Notify Me
to be notified when this item comes back into stock. We will not use your e-mail address for any other purpose.
Being the first time ever to wear Northwave shoes, the fit and the comfort are surprising. From the first use, you can tell the structure and comfort that makes the foot feel supported and in control on the pedal stroke of each time. The ventilation system provides the correct amount of air, helping the perspiration and avoiding humidity or the feel of dampness on your toes.
Given one of the downsides of the white colour, this model in particular solves the issue by reducing the amount of different paddings making it easy to clean.
On the other hand, bear in mind that the heel support can be easily wornout and replacement parts can be tricky to find, but they are easy to replace.