Oakley Radar Path Photochromic Sunglasses is no longer available at Merlin Cycles. However you may find an alternative or updated product below.
Oakley Radar Path Photochromic Sunglasses
This item was discontinued 27th April 2015.
If you require help finding an alternative to this product please contact customer services.
The demands of athletes drove us to create one of the most technically advanced performance sunglasses in the history of sports. Now it comes with a whole new point of view, a lens that combines photochromic technology with a breakthrough in light filtering that has to be experienced to be believed. From ultramarathon runner Dean Karnazes to Mountain Bike World Champion Thomas Frischknecht, the pros tell us it’s the most comfortable lens they’ve ever worn.
To reduce eye fatigue and improve performance and safety, photochromic technology automatically darkens and lightens the lens in response to the environment. That’s a huge benefit but it’s not enough. Athletes still need visual contrast when the lens lightens, so we created a lens color called VR50™. It optimizes visual acuity and depth perception with precise filtering along the light spectrum, maximizing performance in sports where split-second decisions demand the best vision possible. Trading distraction for comfort, the lens also eliminates the harsh blue wavelengths that stress your eyes.
Radar has an interchangeable lens design for adapting to any sport environment. High Definition Optics® (HDO®) offers unbeatable clarity. The comfortably lightweight O Matter® frame is sculptured with surge ports to channel a cooling flow of air. Interchangeable nosepiece sizes help you achieve a custom fit, and Unobtanium® components increase grip with sweat. Impact resistance and clarity meet ANSI Z87.1 standards, and UV filtering is 100%.
This edition comes with the Radar Path lens shape. Choose it if you want to extend your range of view and get the protection of maximized coverage. If your cheeks tend to touch the bottom edge of performance lenses, choose the RADAR PITCH lens shape
- Durability and all-day comfort of lightweight, stress-resistant O Matter® frame material
- Integrated surge ports to channel cooling airflow
- Optimized peripheral view and side coverage of Polaric Ellipsoid™ lens geometry
- Comfort and performance of Three-Point Fit that holds lenses in precise optical alignment
- Metal icon accents
- Optical precision and performance that meets ANSI Z87.1 standards
- Impact resistance that meets ANSI Z87.1 standards for high-mass and high-velocity impact
- UV protection of Plutonite® lens that filters out 100% of UVA / UVB / UVC & harmful blue light up to 400nm
- Glare reduction and tuned light transmission of Iridium® lens coating (optional)
- Multiple interchangeable Unobtanium® nose pad options for customizable and comfortable secure fit
- Protective sports-specific Oakley Soft Vault included with capacity for an extra lens