- Road & MTB Components
- Gears & Drive Chain
- Road Bike Chainsets
- Shimano 105 5700 Chainset - Silver
Sorry, this product is no longer available!
Shimano 105 5700 Chainset - Silver is no longer available at Merlin Cycles. However you may find an alternative or updated product below.
This item was discontinued 15th November 2016.
If you require help finding an alternative to this product please contact customer services.
- Lightweight HollowTech II 105 10-speed chainset
- Innovative HollowTech forged and anodised aluminium crank arms utilise a hollow design that minimises flex and keeps the weight low
- The chainring teeth have been developed to work in conjunction with the CN-5701 chains for increased contact to provide greater efficiency and improved power transfer
- HollowTech II allows the bottom bracket bearings to be spaced wider apart (outboard from the frame), enabling the use of larger bearings and an increased axle diameter
- The system allows for easier installation, adjustment, and maintenance
- Lightweight anodised SG-X aluminium chainrings for smooth and precise shifting
- Excludes bottom bracket
Please enter your e-mail address below then click Notify Me
to be notified when this item comes back into stock. We will not use your e-mail address for any other purpose.
Upgraded from an FSA Omega - Mega Exo BB. A huge improvement. Nice and stiff. Good power transfer. Excellent price. 105 components are superb for their price point. Would recommend.
Nice improvement over the Tiagra cranks. Money well spent
A nice lightweight piece of kit and a good choice for my bike build project; fitting was straightforward. I bought the 165mm compact (5750) version of this chainset and it weighed in at exactly the specified weight of 705g excluding bottom bracket. I have only done about 80 miles with it so far and am still getting used to the shorter stroke (from 170mm previously) but I definitely find it easier to spin a higher cadence with less after ride pain. I am looking forward to putting many more miles on it.
Very pleased with this. New for my commute bike, replacing an old ultegra double. Things have obviously improved over the years with trickle down from the posher groupsets. Very nice slick shifting now. As with all hollow tech chain sets this is a doddle to fit too. Great price, packaging and delivery as always from merlin, always my go to website for components.
Often seen as the step child in the Shimano High End Components family, the 105 crankset is a beautiful thing. Modern engineering meets classic style. There is a weight penalty but the beefy forged arms look more fearsome than your average carbon crank arms. With the Shimano BB, these things spin like buttah.
Good quality shimano equipment, knocked a couple of stars off because they reduced the Ultegra Chanset to the same price the week after I bought it.