- Road & MTB Components
- Gears & Drive Chain
- Chains & Chain Accessories
- MTB Chains & Chain Accessories
- Shimano HG74 SLX 10 HGX Speed Chain
Sorry, this product is no longer available!
Shimano HG74 SLX 10 HGX Speed Chain is no longer available at Merlin Cycles. However you may find an alternative or updated product below.
This item was discontinued 17th August 2016.
If you require help finding an alternative to this product please contact customer services.
- HG-X Chain uses a directional design with specifically shaped inner and outer plates to optimise shifting over the chainset and cassette
- Outer plate design has been developed to reduce the chance of chain suck
- The inner plate has been developed for better contact with gears providing smoother shifting under high load, giving efficient pedalling, increased rigidity and near silent running
- Durability is assured through a chromising treatment on link pins, and the heat treatment of rollers, pins, and plates
- Open design of inner links increase mud shedding ability
- Mushrooming of the pins gives unsurpassed side-plate retention, enabling the chain to far exceed the BS/ISO standard for breaking force
- Chain is optimised for Shimano 10-speed HG-X MTB drivetrains only
- Corrosion-resistant grey finish on inner and outer plates
- 116 links, 274 grams
Please enter your e-mail address below then click Notify Me
to be notified when this item comes back into stock. We will not use your e-mail address for any other purpose.
Can't really go wrong with Shimano on Shimano. To quote a friend of mine "it just works"
A good specific Shimano chain for a 10-speed SLX. Easy to install, though I used a link. It gave immediate smooth working
Chain works as expected. Used on on a 1x10 with a 42t cog at the back and 32t ring in front. No problems.
I've stuck to Shimano HG75 chains as the shifting on my SLX bike is just perfect, this chain is every bit as good. My only gripe is it didnt come with the standard snap off pin, just a normal one, and when fitted the pin was stiff as hell, so had to pop it and put a split link in. So Shame about the crappy pin, but the chain just works!
Decent balance between the budget deore and pricier xtr chains, mixed in with xt/slx drivetrain and performs flawlessly.
I bought this item and found that it was much lighter than my shimano chain. I prefer the sram type missing link to the joining pin, these fit well with the shimano chain. Good kit
This is my second SLX chain, very good quality, strong and good price.
Seems to be working well, I have it set up quite tight on a 1x10 setup and it's dealt with my pedal mashing well so far. Only thing I don't like is no quick link.
Great quality chain. For the complete SLX set up and compatibility this is what you need. I tested this in the Alpes, PassPortes du Soleil, still going strong.
The normal high quality shimano chain, used this before and is spot on.
Great chain. Simple to fit and the gear changes are terrific
As usual superb delivery from Merlin. Chain is brilliant value and shifts superbly.
Very good and easy to fit
Shimano do it again, great 10 speed chain! Only bought the replacement as I stupidly bent mine, my fault too :( comes with connecting pin and all manuals needed.
Price and service at Merlin is always on top form!!
There is no compromise in economizing, SLX shifts every bit as well as XT and any weight penalty is tiny.
Not used yet - spare chain
Great chains; no need to spend any more money unless you want it to have a nice shiny finish which will be visible until you ride it for the first time then they all look the same. Just buy a split link and you have the perfect set up.
A good chain that works well with YBN link, not as expensive as XT but as good just doesn't have the shiny side plates.
Really good chain, cheapest place to get it. Really good quaity and fast service from Merlin