Shimano HG74 SLX 10 HGX Speed Chain
RRP $26.22 Save 35%
Out of Stock
Hyperglide (HG-X) series 10-speed directional Dyna-Sys compatible chain for use with 10-speed MTB drivetrains.
- HG-X Chain uses a directional design with specifically shaped inner and outer plates to optimise shifting over the chainset and cassette
- Outer plate design has been developed to reduce the chance of chain suck
- The inner plate has been developed for better contact with gears providing smoother shifting under high load, giving efficient pedalling, increased rigidity and near silent running
- Durability is assured through a chromising treatment on link pins, and the heat treatment of rollers, pins, and plates
- Open design of inner links increase mud shedding ability
- Mushrooming of the pins gives unsurpassed side-plate retention, enabling the chain to far exceed the BS/ISO standard for breaking force
- Chain is optimised for Shimano 10-speed HG-X MTB drivetrains only
- Corrosion-resistant grey finish on inner and outer plates
- 116 links, 274 grams
Please enter your e-mail address below then click Notify Me to be notified when this item comes back into stock. We will not use your e-mail address for any other purpose.
Shipping charges for this item to United States: $6.84
Spend $68.42 or over and get free shipping
thefathippyCan't really go wrong with Shimano on Shimano. To quote a friend of mine "it just works"
Mr RobertsA good specific Shimano chain for a 10-speed SLX. Easy to install, though I used a link. It gave immediate smooth working
Mr ThomasChain works as expected. Used on on a 1x10 with a 42t cog at the back and 32t ring in front. No problems.
Lee SI've stuck to Shimano HG75 chains as the shifting on my SLX bike is just perfect, this chain is every bit as good. My only gripe is it didnt come with the standard snap off pin, just a normal one, and when fitted the pin was stiff as hell, so had to pop it and put a split link in. So Shame about the crappy pin, but the chain just works!
Mr BowenDecent balance between the budget deore and pricier xtr chains, mixed in with xt/slx drivetrain and performs flawlessly.
Mr HealeyI bought this item and found that it was much lighter than my shimano chain. I prefer the sram type missing link to the joining pin, these fit well with the shimano chain. Good kit
Mr GURLEKThis is my second SLX chain, very good quality, strong and good price.
Joey BSeems to be working well, I have it set up quite tight on a 1x10 setup and it's dealt with my pedal mashing well so far. Only thing I don't like is no quick link.
Mr fowlerGreat quality chain. For the complete SLX set up and compatibility this is what you need. I tested this in the Alpes, PassPortes du Soleil, still going strong.
Mr bruntThe normal high quality shimano chain, used this before and is spot on.
Mr WillisGreat chain. Simple to fit and the gear changes are terrific
Mr drummondAs usual superb delivery from Merlin. Chain is brilliant value and shifts superbly.
Mr BrownVery good and easy to fit
Mr SkillingsShimano do it again, great 10 speed chain! Only bought the replacement as I stupidly bent mine, my fault too :( comes with connecting pin and all manuals needed. Price and service at Merlin is always on top form!!
Mr WatsonThere is no compromise in economizing, SLX shifts every bit as well as XT and any weight penalty is tiny.
Mr FieldNot used yet - spare chain
Paul PGreat chains; no need to spend any more money unless you want it to have a nice shiny finish which will be visible until you ride it for the first time then they all look the same. Just buy a split link and you have the perfect set up.
Mr FarnishA good chain that works well with YBN link, not as expensive as XT but as good just doesn't have the shiny side plates.
Mr FisherReally good chain, cheapest place to get it. Really good quaity and fast service from Merlin