Shimano R171 SPD SL Carbon Sole Road Cycling Shoes is no longer available at Merlin Cycles. However you may find an alternative or updated product below.
Shimano R171 SPD SL Carbon Sole Road Cycling Shoes
This item was discontinued 15th June 2016.
If you require help finding an alternative to this product please contact customer services.
These are competition level Shimano road cycling shoes, the innovative surround upper pattern provides perfect balance of holding power and all day comfort and the carbon sole makes these shoes lightweight. Shimano Dynalast provides a precise fit and improved pedalling efficiency, whilst the dual density cup insole provide heal bone stability.
“A good cycling shoe is meant to be something that isn’t felt or noticed. It’s easy to think about your shoes during a ride when there’s discomfort, and even easier to forget about them when they fit perfectly and do the job they’re meant to.“Shoes are a highly individual piece of kit and as the saying goes, one size doesn’t fit all. I’m fortunate that I can enjoy many different types of shoes and am not overly particular. However, some the most fussy cyclists I know all wear Shimano shoes.” - Cycling Tips
- Innovative “Surround” upper pattern provides perfect balance of holding power and absolute all-day comfort
- Supple stretch-resistant synthetic leathers
- Adaptable mechanical closure system adjusts to various instep height and shapes
- Open mesh for optimal breathability
- Dual density cup insole for heel bone stability
- Shimano Dynalast provides a precise fit and improves pedalling efficiency
- Lightweight carbon fibre composite sole with adjustable cleat mount
- Weight: 486 g for a pair of size 40
Sizing Information for Shimano Shoes