Shimano R517 Disc Brake Caliper
Shimano R517 Mechanical Disc Brake Caliper - Post Mount
- Disc brake power for road or cyclo cross bikes without the fuss of hydraulic fluid systems.
- Cable operated mechanical disc brake design means that you can upgrade to discs using existing compatible road brake levers or STIs.
- Independently adjustable right and left pad clearance for perfect set up.
- Super lightweight low profile body uses a forged one piece alloy design that increases rigidity and reduces weight.
- Long arm design maximises performance for light braking control with New Super SLR brake levers.
- Shim-less mounting system for quick and easy setup.
- Post type calliper can be adapted to International standard mount frames and forks with various rotor sizes.
- Can be used with Centre-Lock and 6-bolt rotors.
- Calliper comes with resin G01S disc pads (can be used with sintered G03S or G03Ti).
- Occasionally, without notice, manufacturers change product design and/or specifications.
Mr horne I was a bit sceptical about single sided mechanical disk brakes. However these are excellent. Easy to set up with fine adjustment. Of course they use Shimano pads (resin) that are great for CL rotors. Even better they have good modulation and good stopping power. I have a set of hydraulic road brakes, these are close to a match.
Mr Dilkes Super little brake. Bought replace older mechanical calipers. Braking is good, easy set up. Assuming your not needing massive braking power they should fit the bill. A bargain to boot.
BIKEBUILDER2015 Good adjustability for inner and outer piston. Exact construction as CX77. Comes with resin pad (steel back). Individually boxed by Merlin which is very nice of them.
Mr Fileman I have been looking at various different disc brake calipers to upgrade from cantilevers. I was attracted to the special offer price of these and being flat mount fitting. As these were the first disc brakes I have fitted from scratch (I have removed and refitted for maintenance on my MTB bike) I was surprised how simple they were to line up. They are on my commuter bike and I am pleased how well they have worked even before the pads have had a chance to bed in propperly - already far better than the cantis they replaced.