Shimano RC9 S-Phyre SPD-SL Road Shoes
The RC9 S-Phyre SPD-SL shoe is Shimano’s top of the range road cycling shoe developed in partnership with some of the world’s best professional cyclists. Designed and constructed using cutting-edge materials and innovative manufacturing techniques Shimano have created an ultra-light, super-stiff cycling shoe that not only looks great but enhances your cycling performance too thanks to its capacity to transfer all of your power through to the pedals. With a unique one-piece upper made from supple, breathable Teijin Avail microfibre synthetic leather the RC9 not only fits like a glove but also provides a slippery aero surface and overall shape to help you cut through the air more efficiently.
The form-fitting upper is complimented by two user-friendly Boa Dials which give a secure fit that can be fine-tuned even on-the-fly and help spread the load over the top of your foot to prevent pressure points. A stiff integrated heel cup helps to keep your foot firmly planted inside the shoe and stops your heel from lifting when your pulling up on your pedals during particularly hard efforts. With a three-bolt cleat compatible ultra-rigid, lightweight carbon sole ready to fit the most popular cleats including Shimano's SPD-SL and Look's KEO the RC9 S-Phyre SPD-SL shoe features a very low stack height too so you’ll feel more connected to your pedals than ever before.
- Supple, stretch-resistant, highly-breathable Teijin Avail microfibre upper
- Dimple perforated drainage / vent holes to upper
- Low stack height to help stabilise foot and maximise power output
- External curved heel cup construction to hold your foot firmly in place
- Two Boa Dials with Powerzone wire guide lacing
- One-piece surround upper design provides a glove-like fit
- Ultra-rigid lightweight carbon sole maximises power transfer
- Three-bolt cleat compatible
- An extra 11 mm of cleat adjustment range
- Weight: 232g (Size 42)