Shimano Ultegra 6870 Di2 Rear Derailleur
RRP £220.00 Save 38.5%
Shimano Ultegra 11 speed Di2 rear derailleur, SS and GS models
- With Di2 technology shifting is easy and precise - just a light touch, as soft as a mouse click, is sufficient for the front or rear derailleur to instantaneously select the correct gear
- Programmed automatic motion at the touch of a switch makes this derailleur quick, smooth and effortless to shift
- The removal of traditional mechanical cables in favour of electrical wires not only eliminates poor shifting caused by contaminates, corrosion and stretching, but provides effortless gear shifts
- Derailleur contains a saver (fuse) function, where the inner structure is protected from strong impacts
- GS Model for 11-32T wide gear ratio capacity will cater for compact setups as well as the traditional road double
- SS Model for ratios up to 28 tooth
- High tolerance cold forged aluminium link plates and body construction is extremely light and durable
- Four self-lubricating micro-machined fluorine-coated link pivot bushings provide low-friction shifting
- 11-speed E-tube Di2 compatible
BudNecessary for my 11-speed upgrade. To go from 10-speed to 11-speed, you must also replace the front derailleur with an 11-speed compatible front derailleur. May also need firmware upgrades for various drivetrain components, Merlin Cycles shipped quickly and had everything in stock.
Mr Van DesselDo not use this product yet. Serves as a backup. My son runs races, with crashes of course. His original DI2 has been in use for 1.5 years, with 3 crashes on the counter, and still fully functional. It is simply a matter of time that this device will have to be used. Perfect delivery, Belgium, 4 days
Mr BrisleyAwesome bit of kit purchased to replace a crash damaged one. Love the Di2 system. Never going back to cables.
Mat S.Wanted to swap over to be able to run an 11-32 cassette due to a trip to the mountains. Was amazed at how simple the swap was, complete plug and play pretty much. So easy to fine tune di2 yourself it's something that can be changed really easily as required.
Ian WinterburnI bought this derailleur for a Di2 upgrade to my standard Ultegra groupset. It's brilliant, works effectively and efficiently, a great price and fantastic service from Merlin
Mr St-DenisVery accurate and smooth shifting, Easy to adjust and very reliable shifting, surprisingly light considering the extra electronic.
Eric JacksonThis is the medium cage Di2 derailleur which I needed for an 11-32T cassette. I replaced a DuraAce Di2 short cage. It really shifts fine, as good as the DuraAce in fact. But I did notice that the pulley wheels seemed to show wear more quickly - maybe not wear, but I think they are made of a different material than the DuraAce - no big deal though. Was instantly recognized in Etube and the firmware was up to date as well. Also, you can feel the weight difference. I would consider this a great purchase.