Shimano XT M786 Shadow+ Direct Mount Rear Derailleur
RRP $74.90Save 53.5%
Shimano XT M786 Shadow+ Direct Mount Rear Derailleur, SGS model
- Direct mount fits certain frames but can fit any model if you use the orignal hanger from a current model SLX 670/675 or XT 781/786 rear derailleur. Click here for Shimano instructions
- Shimano's new Direct Mount Rear Derailleur system gives more space around the rear frame dropout resulting in easier rear wheel removal but also allows frame designers to shorten chain stays, increase axel sizes and move suspension pivots
- Direct Mount gives a simpler, cleaner look
- Deore XT Shadow+ Dyna-Sys 10-speed rear derailleur delivers reliable and precise shifting with a stiff and lightweight open design
- Shadow+ features a super low profile design that reduces the risk of damage from trail side hazards
- Shadow Plus uses a chain stabilising switch that when on will reduce chain bounce in rough terrain maintaining more stable drive and shifting. This can be switched off to remove the wheel
- Direct cable routing prevents snagging from any trail side hazards
- All-alloy construction leads to lower weight without compromising strength and durability
- Four fluorine-coated link pin bushings make this one of the slickest shifting derailleurs on the trails
- High rigidity wide outer link braces the pulley body to increase pivot joint rigidity resulting in a crisp shift
- Strong return spring for a positive shifting feel
- Durable sealed bearing pulleys
- 35T capacity GS cage
Please enter your e-mail address below then click Notify Me to be notified when this item comes back into stock. We will not use your e-mail address for any other purpose.
Shipping charges for this item to United States: $6.43
Spend $64.25 or over and get free shipping
BenI don't think there's any doubt that the M786 Shadow+ rear mech is a great derailleur. I've gone through a few from accidents over the last few years and I'd never question getting another one. The one that I ordered from Merlin is just a spare for a big race. I'd thought about getting an SLX mech... but given that Merlin sell the M786 for a fraction more than the current SLX mech retails for at other shops, I'd have to be crazy not to. Free shipping turned up the very next day so the normal excellent service from Merlin.
Mr EdensGreat service from Merlin cycles, the xt rear mech performed perfectly in freezing , muddy and snowy conditions on a recent trip to the Peak district. It didn't miss a gear despite being covered in frozen mud. I was also running a single front ring so the clutch was just brilliant. Thoroughly recommended.
LE BOULANGERI have been using this awesome XT M786 Shadow + and what a terrific improvement, even in the more demanding ride and terrain you can trust the derailleur to perform to perfection. I haven`t tried any other clutch derailleur but I can not believe they can be any better than this as this is the perfect derailleur.