Shimano XTR M980 10 Speed Gear Levers
RRP $145.83Save 4%
Shimano XTR 10 speed Gear Levers - pair.
- Shimano sets the benchmark with the next generation of mountain bike shifting, Dyna-Sys 10-speed XTR Rapidfires with Vivid indexing are there slickest shifters yet
- Light to the touch but positive and crisp, Vivid indexing provides a constant amount of shift lever force across all 10 sprockets
- Instant Release for super fast shifts, delivering the chain to the next gear the moment the lever is actuated with no hesitation
- Multi Release allows multiple gear changes from both levers with one sweep, further adding to the speed of shift
- 2-Way release allows the upper shift lever to performs the same Multi Shift function but swings in either direction allowing it to be released by the thumb or index finger
- Shifter features a precision indexing drum with four sets of ball bearings providing low-friction smooth shifting
- One piece anodised alloy release levers increase durability
- Mode converter for double / triple use
- Composite barrel adjuster
- Available with standard bar clamps or ISpec to integrate with the XTR brake levers
- For use with Dyna-Sys 10-speed only
- Weight 207 grams a pair
Please enter your e-mail address below then click Notify Me to be notified when this item comes back into stock. We will not use your e-mail address for any other purpose.
Free shipping on this item to United States
DeetsReplaced some 2011 XT shifters. Easy to fit but feel quite different in use. Really precise and clicksy, almost more like SRAM. Once I got used to them I love them, and being able to shift 2 gears higher is actually really useful. And they're 30g lighter than the old shifters!
Mr HowarthNice and easy to set up. I used them with my iconnect XT brakes and the only heads up I'd give to anyone making that change is that you will need to remove the case to access a little screw on the back side that holds the aluminum to the plastic. Shifting is great. We'll see how they last.
MG DriverI bought these on the recomendation of a cycling buddy who said they would transform my gear shifting. He was not wrong! The shifters come supplied with a full set of XTR inner and outer cables so you can do a complete gear shift service when you fit them. They were simple to fit and set-up, it took me about an hour to change the shifters, renew the cables, and re-sync the shifting. In use they are the best I've ever used; the up-shift is lightening quick, and the two-click up-shift is a great feature. The down-shift is equally smooth, with the lever able to shift down 3 gears with one motion. I am using them with an XT+ Rear Mech and the shift is slightly stiffer into the lowest (biggest) three cogs on the cassette, but this is a small comprimise for the lack of chainstay rattle you get. Overall they look expensive, but considering you get a full set of cables with them, and the quality and feel in use is fantasic, you should consider them as an investment, your bike will love you for ever.
Craig from KentGreat precision and feel to the levers and the ability to change the front mech shifter from triple to double came in very useful. Great delivery from Merlin as normal.
vmgscotVery nice action - just like the M970 units I had before. Only niggle is these units no longer have the horizontal adjustment feature. But I was able to use Hope matchmaker mounts that provided this anyway.
Mr BorrmanHad been using slx for a while as good enough... Upgraded one bike and now Another, there is nothing slicker
Mr HayashiVery good product especially 2gear-up/down with one lever action. Very useful for climb and descent.