Sram Red 22 Chainset, latest model for the new 11 speed Sram Red Groupset
Innovation often comes from places you would least expect. In order to make a lighter crankset, we made it bigger. To add stiffness, we used less material. The new SRAM RED 22 Exogram™ Crankset is completely hollow all the way to the spider. Its hidden bolt pattern makes better use of carbon fiber to further improve stiffness and shed weight. The stunning X G lide R™ chainrings are optimized for use with the Yaw™ Technology in the front derailleur, delivering seamless, flawless performance.
- Exogram™ technology uses a large, hollow cross section all the way to the spider, minimizing weight while maximizing stiffness. Our stiffest crank ever.
- Hidden bolt pattern leverages the characteristics of carbon fiber while presenting a sleek appearance.
- Stiffer X G lide R™ chainrings feature thicker construction, advanced shift timing pins and ramps, which are optimized for shifting with the Yaw™ Front Derailleur.
- GXP, PressFit, BB30, PressFit 30 availability.
- Arm Material Carbon
- Chainring Material Machined Alloy
- Weight 557g (BB30 172.5mm 53x39 BB not included), 609g (GXP 172.5mm 53x39 BB not included)
- Compatibility SRAM RED 22 & SRAM Force 22 Yaw™ Front Derailleur, SRAM RED 22 & PC1170 chains
- Technology Highlight(s) Exogram™, X GlideR™
Please enter your e-mail address below then click Notify Me
to be notified when this item comes back into stock. We will not use your e-mail address for any other purpose.
Big difference from Force 22 crank. Stiffer and really light. Worth it.
I recently purchased this chainset to complete my first bike build with a BB30 bottom bracket, fast delivery and was pleasantly surprised it was the IA (internal adjustment) version so don`t need to use the wavy washer and shims to get correct preload on the bearings, excellent service From Merlin as usual.
This is a superb product from Sram. It is really light and stiff and the graphics look amazing on any road bike.. The hidden bolt is a great piece of engineering while promoting stiffness.
I replaced a SRAM Force cyclocross crankset with this one. It is a bit stiffer which is great. They make fantastic components. You can't go wrong with this crankset.
The Red 22 Crank is a beautifully made and light weight crank with plenty of stiffness. I love the 52x36 combination. I would have given it 5 stars, but the pre-load adjuster is a joke and interfered with my PF30 BB flange before I could get the crank tightened. I ended up taking it off and just using shims.
Great set of cranks used in conjunction with a SRAM Force groupset with yaw front mech. Carbon crank arms fell very solid under pressure and it feels like none of your power is being lost. Shifting is silky smooth and the carbon arms look great on the bike. They are also the lightest cranks from the mainstream brands. Get some!
For weight weenies, this is the lightest "mainstream" crank available. Compared with Cannondale's Spidering, much cheaper, and with third party rings, e.g. Praxis, lighter as well.
I always had problems with inconsistent shifts on my 1st gen crankset. Now, all shifts are quick, crisp and consistently positive.
Quality equipment from Sram which works perfectly with the YAW system. Its a pity Sram doesn't include the bearings.