Sram Red Chainset Exogram is no longer available at Merlin Cycles. However you may find an alternative or updated product below.
Sram Red Chainset Exogram
This item was discontinued 29th December 2014.
If you require help finding an alternative to this product please contact customer services.
- Innovation often comes from places you‘d least expect. In order to make a lighter crankset, we made it bigger. To add stiffness, we used less material.
- The new SRAM RED Exogram Crankset is completely hollow all the way to the spider. Its hidden bolt pattern makes better use of carbon fiber to further improve stiffness and shed weight. The stunning X Glide R chainrings are optimized for use with the YAW Technology in the front derailleur, delivering seamless, flawless performance.
- Exogram technology uses a large, hollow cross section all the way to the spider, minimizing weight while maximizing stiffness. Our stiffest crank ever
- Hidden bolt pattern leverages the characteristics of carbon fiber while presenting a sleek appearance
- Stiffer X Glide R chainrings feature thicker construction, advanced shift timing pins and ramps, which are optimized for shifting with the YAW Front Derailleur
- Stunning two-tone finish
- Arm Material:Carbon
- Chainring Material:Machined alloy rings
- Weight:557g (BB30 172.5mm / BB not included), 609g (GXP 172.5mm / BB not included)
- Other:Compatible only with SRAM Yaw Front Derailleur
Exogram - The new Hollow Carbon Construction starts in the crank arm and extends into the cranks’ spider. It maximizes the stiffness to weight ratio.
X-GlideR Chainrings - The chainrings are designed for an optimized shifting performance with the Yaw front derailleur. The stiffer rings (5mm 7075-T6 aluminum CNC-machined) feature upshift rivets with an advanced design adopted from SRAM XX. CNC machining allows for precision control of each tooth shape, ramp, and nearly every shifting feature of the chainring. Chainrings, chain, and front derailleur are designed as a single integrated system for optimized performance.