Sram XX1 X-Horizon Rear Derailleur
Sram XX1 X-Horizon Rear Derailleur - Type 2.1
With its “horizontal parallelogram” design and pulley offset, X-HORIZON™ keeps the chain gap constant across all 11 gears, providing fast, precise shifts.
By limiting all movement to the horizontal axis, this design is faster, reduces shift force and eliminates ghost shifting.
ROLLER BEARING CLUTCH™ technology reduces bounce and chain slap.
CAGE LOCK™ technology makes wheel removal and installation easier than ever before.
Paired with the XX1 shifter, the X-HORIZON™ RD forms the backbone of X-ACTUATION™ technology for unbelievably smooth shifting action.
- Large upper pulley offset automatically adjusts chain gap
- X-HORIZON design reduces shift force and ghost shifting
- 12-tooth X-SYNC pulley wheels
- TYPE 2 technologies: ROLLER BEARING CLUTCH™ and CAGE LOCK™
- New silent pulley tooth design
- Speeds 11 Speed
- Weight 220g
- Compatibility X-Actuation, XX1 11 Speed
- Pulleys 12T X-SYNC pulley wheels
- Technology Highlight(s) X-ACTUATION, X-HORIZON,ROLLER BEARING CLUTCH, CAGE LOCK
With CAGE LOCK™ technology in the rear derailleur, wheel removal and installation—as well as chain installation—becomes faster and simpler.
Just pushing the cage forward to create slack and lock it into place.
Roller Bearing Clutch™
Designed for X0 and X9 families, TYPE 2 rear derailleur delivers maximum drivetrain stability—even through the most punishing technical terrain.
With Roller Bearing Clutch™ technology, SRAM TYPE 2 eliminates derailleur bounce and chain slap without sacrificing precision.
- A one-way roller clutch controls chain tension for consistent shifting
- Needle bearing
- Self-lubricating for consistently smooth action
- 360 degree clutch force for reliability and durability
- TYPE 2’s clutch force comes factory calibrated by SRAM
- Consistent shifting feel
- Maintenance free clutch design
Developed specifically for SRAM 1X, X-ACTUATION keeps shifting sharp and consistent across the entire 10- to 42-tooth cassette.
This rear derailleur’s “straight parallelogram” design limits all movement to the horizontal axis,
which makes ghost shifting impossible while also reducing shift force.
For quicker, more exact shifting, the large upper pulley offset design maintains a constant chain gap across all gears.
A CNC-machined, “wide tooth, narrow tooth” pattern is repeated around the entire XX1 chainring,
perfectly mirroring the 1X11 XX1 specific chain’s inner and outer links for maximum control.