Tacx Flux Smart Turbo Trainer T2900
Tacx Flux Smart Turbo Trainer T2900 - Sram / Shimano Freehub
The FLUX is a fully interactive Smart trainer, that connects you to all your favourite apps. Hosting the dual band ANT+ FE-C and Bluetooth technology, it communicates with and can be controlled by any device of your choice. The responsive Smart electronics make sure that the smallest fluctuation in power settings is converted into an alteration in resistance, making sure that each watt is transferred accurately to your body.
The desire to create an accessible direct drive has meant designing a whole new product. The best riders are able to produce 850 watts for 1 minute, or maintain 450 watts for 20 minutes. The FLUX has been designed to deliver exactly these power values and is thus more than capable of fulfilling the needs of the average cyclist. Driven by 8 strong electro magnets the FLUX is even able to generate a stunning 1500 watts during a sprint. The trainer feels very smooth due to its 7 kilogram flywheel. The FLUX has a simple calibration process ensuring tension and power measurements, accurate within 5%, whilst the products internal structure has been tuned to simulate a true road feel.
This inner structure has also meant developing a new outer design: a casing that covers and complements the product whilst honouring the looks of its bigger brother. Its compact design clearly differentiates the FLUX from other indoor trainers whilst subtly being a family member of the NEO, with the same stealth-like form language and durable, sophisticated finish.
The FLUX has been designed to complement Tacx’s direct drive assortment beautifully and it can be seen as the most accessible interactive Smart direct drive trainer to date.
- Type of trainer: Interactive Smart direct drive with electric brake
- Magnets: 8 Neodymium magnets
- Electrical requirements: 110-240 Volt
- Power indicator (Wattage): None
- Connection indicator (ANT/BT): 2 LEDs
- Firmware upgradable: Yes
- Supplied with: Quick release for racing bikes and mountain bikes (5 mm)
- Suitable bikes Width of rear fork: Race 130mm, MTB 135mm. Adapters for other widths available
- Suitable cassettes: Shimano, SRAM (Camapagnolo Freehub sold seperatly)
- Max. power: 1500 Watt
- Max. slope: 10%
- Simulation of descent: No
- Max. torque: 22.1Nm
- Max. brake force: 65N
- Flywheel: Actual, 7 kg
- Flywheel effect: 22.8kg
- Calibration: Spin down
- Footprint: 670 x 650mm
- Height: 465 mm
- Not foldable
- Weight: 16 kg
Data and Output Control:
- Wireless communication ANT+ FE-C, Bluetooth Smart open
- Control by Smartphone, tablet, ANT+ FE-C bike computers and stand-alone Connect to computer via ANT+ antenna
- Output Speed: cadence and power
- Read out on Smartphone, tablet, bike computer, sports watch, computer with ANT+ antenna
- Accuracy: <5%
Please enter your e-mail address below then click Notify Me to be notified when this item comes back into stock. We will not use your e-mail address for any other purpose.
Free shipping on this item to United States
Mr smithWas a bit dubious wether to order or not as the flux had had some bad reviews concerning overheating and breaking down but mine as been fine so far have had a few good sessions on it with Zwift and loving it at the moment plus service from Merlin was spot on.