Transition Patrol Carbon Mountain Bike Frame - 2016
The Transition Patrol gives you the control of a downhill bike perfectly balanced with a lively and jumpy personality for a comfortable, efficient and fun ride in almost any trail condition. The Patrol is long and low with a slack 65-degree head angle and big wheelbase for tremendous stability in rowdy terrain. But don’t let the numbers fool you; the short 430mm chainstay and 155mm of active and carefully tuned suspension keep you in touch with the ground and ready to respond at a moment’s notice. With the Transition Patrol you get big mountain confidence with trail bike agility in the same package.
Transition wanted to push some very aggressive geometry numbers without creating a frame that rode heavy and sluggish on the trail. The Patrol Carbon geometry is similar to some of the new 160mm+ bikes on the market, but with 155mm of rear travel it won’t feel out of reach for someone that was considering a bike in the 150mm category. A shorter travel bike can help make up some more time in the pedaling sections and maintain more agility and awareness of the trail. The Patrol works with you depending on the trail conditions and how you are choosing lines. The bike rides very lively on the trail with great support in berms and poppy reaction on jumps and small features. But the bike’s stiff chassis, slack head angle and long wheelbase give you a ton of confidence in rough sections and steep terrain. Everything you would want in a long travel trail bike.
- Progressive Geometry – Long, Low and Slack
- Giddy Up Link Suspension, 155mm Rear and 160mm Front
- Integrated Rubber Chainstay Protection
- Collet Style Main Pivot Hardware
- ISCG05 Chainguide Mounting, No Front Derailleur Support
- Syntace X12 Rear 142mm Axle and Universal Transition Derailleur Hanger
- Full Size Water Bottle Fits Inside Front Triangle
- User Friendly 73mm Threaded Bottom Bracket
- Fully Guided Internal Cable Routing