XTR M980 11-36 10 Speed Cassette & XTR HGX Chain is no longer available at Merlin Cycles. However you may find an alternative or updated product below.
XTR M980 11-36 10 Speed Cassette & XTR HGX Chain
This item was discontinued 31st July 2015.
If you require help finding an alternative to this product please contact customer services.
- Three alloy carriers and 5 titanium sprockets make this Shimano's lightest 10-speed Dyna-Sys MTB cassette
- Hyperglide sprockets have a computer designed tooth configuration with contoured shift gates, resulting in a crisp smooth shift even under load
- Close ratio gearing allows a more efficient use of energy through finer cadence control
- Three separate lightweight alloy carriers reduce weight and increased stiffness giving more precise faster shifts
- Five largest sprockets are made from titanium to reduce weight without sacrificing strength
- Sprockets are cut away extensively and drilled to further reduce weight without reducing rigidity
- Nickel-plated finish offers hard wearing resistance to corrosion
- Alloy cassette lockring
- For 10-speed HG-X MTB chains
- Average weight 255 g
- Ratio 11-36 10 speed
- HG-X Chain uses a directional design with specifically shaped inner and outer plates to optimise shifting over the chainset and cassette
- Outer plate design has been developed to reduce the chance of chain suck
- The inner plate has been developed for better contact with gears providing smoother shifting under high load, giving efficient pedalling, increased rigidity and near silent running
- Hollow link pins offer great weight savings
- Durability is assured through a chromising treatment on link pins, and the heat treatment of rollers, pins, and plates
- Open design of inner links increase mud shedding ability
- Chain is optimised for Shimano 10-speed HG-X MTB drivetrains only
- Zinc-alloy silver finish offers the longest lasting and best resistance to corrosion
- 259 grams