Zipp Tangente Cork Composite Brake Pad Inserts - 2 Pairs is no longer available at Merlin Cycles. However you may find an alternative or updated product below.
Zipp Tangente Cork Composite Brake Pad Inserts - 2 Pairs
This item was discontinued 7th August 2015.
If you require help finding an alternative to this product please contact customer services.
- Zipp® developed the Tangente® High Performance Cork Brake Pad as a response to the intense heat caused by braking on carbon.
- These pads are designed for our carbon rims and employ a composite cork polymer to reduce glazing and offer consistent brake response.
- As a result, the Tangente cork pad avoids the brake pulsation produced by residue buildup from rubber pads and can even eliminate pulsation from rims with previous buildup.
- Even though the newer silver Tangente Platinum Pro Brake Pad is designed to perform better across all riding conditions, we realize there remain fans of the smooth consistent feel of cork.
- Tangente High Performance Cork Brake Pad`s unique shape places more material in the front of the pad to improve durability and shed water.
- Although the composite material wears similarly to low-temperature rubber compounds, the Tangente cork pad lasts longer than most rubber carbon-specific pads because of its shape and 0.5 mm greater overall thickness.
- Select Shimano®/SRAM® or Campagnolo® styles
- The Tangente pad may be used on any tubular or clincher rim with a carbon braking surface, but it should never be used on aluminum braking surfaces.
Shipping charges for this item to United States: $7.31