Kinesis Crosslight CX Disc Wheels
- Next Day & World Wide Shipping
- Excellent Customer Service
- Buy in Store
This 3rd generation, lighter, stronger CXdisc wheelset is a real advance on previous versions and has a completely re-profiled rim section, with eyeletted spoke holes and pinned joint. These new wheels are 151g lighter for the front and 94g lighter at the rear, saving a total of 245g where you will really notice it.
Designed to work perfectly with the Kinesis ‘Crosslight Pro6‘ frameset; they are a great partner for The ‘Decade Tripster‘ fast commuter too.
The freehub is 11 speed and 10 speed compatible (use the supplied spacer to run 10 speed). It is interchangeable to allow the use of Shimano or Campagnolo gearing.
This is a true disc-specific rim profile, not a modified rim-brake section and these wheels use the same high-tension triple butted, stainless spokes and alloy nipples as Kinesis Maxlight wheels.
What can you expect from the Kinesis Crosslight CX Disc Wheels?
- Front: 9mm QR. Lightweight 7075 alloy, double sealed bearing, 6 bolt disc mount.
- Rear: 9mm QR. 7075 alloy, High quality, 11spd - Comes with spacer to run 10 speed cassettes. 3 pawl alloy freehub. Alternative Campag compatible freehub available. 4 large sealed bearings, 6 bolt disc mount.
- Triple-butted Stainless Steel, with Grey anodised alloy nipples. 28h 3-cross build.
- 28h, Clincher
- 24mm width
- 22mm depth
- True disc-specific profile
- High Strength alloy
- Front: 689g
- Rear: 866g
Kinesis – Dream. Build. Ride.
- Estimated delivery transit time: 8-14 Days Limited Tracking
UPS International 3-5 Days Full Tracking: $23.24
UPS standard international service. Fully trackable door to door delivery by UPS. Transit times are around 3-5 working days for Australia, Japan, USA, Canada plus many other countries worldwide.
UPS International Express 2-4 Days Full Tracking: $46.47
UPS premium international service. Delivered door to door by UPS so very reliable and easily trackable. Delivery times for most countries is around 2-4 working days.
The latest version of these wheels are very light. The front wheel weighed in at 730g, rear 896g. That's half a kilo lighter than the factory wheels on my Whyte Suffolk. I saved 200g on the front and 295g on the rear. Net result, much faster acceleration, easier climbing. The bike feels a lot more lively. Wheel quality appears to be good. Overall, excellent light weight disk wheels at a good price.
Received the wheelset and it was true out of the box, freewheel a little bit loud but I like it because it reminds me to keep pedalling! Overall pretty nice set of lightweight wheel for a good price.
Really nice, very light wheels. Recommended tire section size width 28-62 mm. I use 25 mm tire width and it works really good. Great disc wheels for road and CX use.
Look good, spun true and after one ride they feel much better than the OE wheels. Definitely easier on offroad hills and actually saved me over 600grams on OE's. Great value
Best wheels ever! I bought these to go on a Kona Dew Plus, a disc brake commuter. They've made the ride noticeably faster, easier to accelerate and more comfortable. Steering is more responsive and instead of losing speed as I did with the stock wheels, I can either maintain or gain it on downhills. One of the best value for money upgrades you could make on your bike. Highly recommended. And they look good too :)
Received these wheels very quickly from Melin, Great service.
After receiving these wheels was please with the weight as descried and the overall appearance. After closer look spotted 2 problems.
1. The rim was form from a piece of straight alloy, bend to a rim shape and joint. Problem is the joining point inside of the rim wasn't perfectly flat. Leaving a sharp ridge. I was concern that ridge will cause problem to the inner tube. Simple solution was to sand down the ridge with some wet/ dry sand paper.
2. While spinning the front and rear wheels holding onto the hub ends with finger had made me discover that the front wheel bearing wasn't spinning freely. There was clicking and gritty feel. Dismantled the front hub to inspect the bearings and had found out that the bearing where rubbing against the end caps. So I took the bearings out and reseated them and everything was perfect. As a note the rear wheels spins perfectly.
Wheels were true out of the box. The hub were loud when free wheeling.
Had these bolted on my Giant Anyroad running Shimano 11Speed and Avid brake disc. Everything fitted perfectly. There was a spare ring, which I guess was for fitting a 10 speed cassette.
Did a 100km ride on a mixed of terrain, road, rocky sandy path, wet muddy grass path and some hill climbs. The wheels perform much better than my standard Giant's wheels. The wheels were lighter than my standard wheels which makes acceleration much stronger and climbing hills a breeze.
Overall I am happy with these wheels, especially taking consideration of the price and weight ratio. A set of QR was supplied as well, Top Value! But some small issue that was easily resolved.
Excellent wheelset for a good price. Fitted them to my Boardman CX Team and made the bike feel a lot more lively. Good weight saving on standard wheels
These are superb wheels for both blundering around the woods and racing. They are light, a good width and seem to be pretty strong so far. The freehub is really rather loud, which for me just reminds me that I'm not pedalling!