Kinesis Crosslight Pro6 Frameset
- Next Day & World Wide Shipping
- Excellent Customer Service
- Buy in Store
The Crosslight Pro6 is not the first disc compatible, Cyclocross race frame that we have produced,
in fact the first ‘Crosslight Pro’ [circa 2001] had disc mounts on the frame and fork because
I thought it made sense to keep your braking surfaces out of the muddy grinding paste.
The Pro6 is a race bike first and foremost and uses our proven race geometry.
It’s designed to come out in front after an hour of elbow to elbow pedalling, vaulting and running.
In addition, it has eyelets to allow the fitment of ‘guards, rack and bottles if you are that way inclined. It’s not supposed to be a ‘Jack of all trades’, but it is designed to be practical and adaptable as well as FAST.
It is disc brake only [no canti-bosses]. Discs make sense for CX,
they mean consistent braking throughout the race and mean your expensive deep section carbon rims will last longer!
Braking is not of utmost importance during a CX race, but with the advent of more disc equipped CX bikes,
I can see out-braking into corners being used to far greater effect.
With UCI approval for discs in CX, many manufacturers are working on disc systems and adapters for drop bar levers and also decent lightweight disc-wheels.
“The Crosslight Pro 6 is a convincing all-rounder, then, with a racier bent than some ostensibly similar bikes. The geometry makes for a lively ride whether set up as a road bike or in full cyclocross mode, and the addition of mounts for rack and mudguards means that this is a genuine contender for “if you could just have one bike”. I’d like more mud clearance behind the bottom bracket but that my only real quibble. It’s a modern classic.” - Road.cc
- Tough Kinesium tubeset with taper headtube and 'CXD' 500g, full UD carbon monocoque, 1-1/8">1.5" taper-steerer fork. Fork is eyeletted at dropouts and rear of crown and has hose clip on rear of LHS blade.
- ‘Ergo2' profiled top tube for comfortable carrying, oversize...but not TOO oversize, Kinesium down tube, it's not too fat to grab with muddy gloves and isn't a 'mud magnet'.
- Sensible head tube lengths. Cyclocross is all about explosive acceleration and short sharp climbs. Towering 'comfortable for the commute' head tubes put the bars in your chest and don't work for racing. You can add up to 40mm of spacers if you want to press it into service as a commuter.
- Post-mount on frame and fork for easy fitting and adjustment.
- Eyeletted for ‘guards, rack, bottle cages.
- Routing is on RHS of top tube, out of the way of your neck when carrying, it’s designed to take a full outer cable [for max mud/water resistance] or a hose for hydraulic discs.
- New Kinesis UK designed, forged dropouts [135mm hub spacing].
- ‘aStay’ asymmetric chainstays.
- FSA Taper headset included.
- Kinesis seat clamp included.
- If we do not have your size in stock, please email to check availability
- 3-4 Days
- Estimated delivery transit time: 8-14 Days Limited Tracking
UPS International 3-5 Days Full Tracking: $0.00
UPS standard international service. Fully trackable door to door delivery by UPS. Transit times are around 3-5 working days for Australia, Japan, USA, Canada plus many other countries worldwide.
UPS International Express 2-4 Days Full Tracking: $45.56
UPS premium international service. Delivered door to door by UPS so very reliable and easily trackable. Delivery times for most countries is around 2-4 working days.