Kinesis FF29 Frame - Orange
RRP $645.41 Save 28%
Kinesis FF29 Frame - Orange
Dom wanted to make a 29er that worked for more ‘aggressive’ trail riding. Super light weight or riding for hours round a circuit weren’t high on the tick list when I started thinking about a 29” frame worthy of the Maxlight name. Quick handling, fast trail prowess and big grins were firmly at the top.
Warp-speed, flowing singletrack, tempo pace climbs and fast dips and crests are where the Maxlight frames excel, the FF29 has been developed for those same situations.
29er’s are capable of steamrollering the trails and go rather fast over the bumpy downhill stuff, so adding a dollop of legendary Maxlight handling into the mix produces a TRAIL DESTROYER!
- The FF29 uses specially developed ‘SPF’ [Superplastic Formed] top and down tubes, giving a lightweight and stiff front end with huge weld area at the Head Tube and BB.
- Short taper 1.5” head tubes keep the stack height low, so you can get over the front for powerful climbing.
- 34.9 dia. seat tube is stiffer and more compatible with dropper posts, it’s subtly curved lower section gives greater mech and tyre clearance.
- 60mm BB drop and compact rear centre mean stable, fast cornering.
- ‘Supertaper’ stays give great response and specially developed SPF bridges and 73mm BB shell allow up to a 2.2” tyre, the forged dropouts use post-mount for the disc caliper.
- "Kinesis FF29 over-simplistic seven word review: Like a very fast 26er but smoother" @SteveWorland on twitter;
- SEAT POST: 31.6mm. SEAT CLAMP: 34.9mm. FRONT MECH: 34.9mm. BB: 73mm. British.
- HEADSET: Integrated, 41.8ø upper, 51.8ø lower, for taper head tube. Recommended: FSA No.42/ACB.
- Both bearings are 'ACB', meaning 'Angular Contact Bearings'.
- The head-tube seat angle is 45º.
- The headset drops into a tapered seat in the head tube and is tensioned using a headset tensioner within the fork steerer. Tensioning the headset centers it on the taper and prevents any play.
- FORK RECOMMENDATION: 100 - 120mm.
- SPF: The FF29 uses Kinesis developed 'SuperPlastic Formed' tubing technology for it’s top tube, down tube and specially developed chainstay/seatstay bridges. SPF is similar to ‘Hydroforming’, but uses far higher temps. to produce complicated shapes in thinner wall tubing than was possible with Hydroforming. The result is lighter weight tubing that can be formed to make the frame perform exactly as we require.
- KINESIUM: Developed by Kinesis International, Kinesium is a superb tubing for use in lightweight, high performance frames. Kinesium is enhanced 6000 series Aluminium alloy, which is 25% stronger than 6061 at the same weight level. Kinesium’s properties make it an ideal material for a very light, tough, responsive frame at an affordable price. Superior properties over other alloys, allow for a much thinner wall dimension, thereby dramatically reducing overall frame weight without compromising strength.
- SUPERTAPER: ‘Supertaper’ stays give great response and specially developed SPF bridges allow up to a 2.2” tyre, the forged dropouts use post-mount for the disc caliper.
- TAPER HEAD TUBE: The 1.5" lower bearing allows a tapered fork steerer and larger crown. This gives sharper response and helps reduce flex under braking. Increased heat tube dia. gives more weld area at the most highly stressed point.
Please enter your e-mail address below then click Notify Me to be notified when this item comes back into stock. We will not use your e-mail address for any other purpose.
Free shipping on this item to United States