Our team riders have had a busy 2019, delivering some awesome performances. Bex Rimmington and Debbie Moss go through their highlights of the 2019 season.
- Blackburn 2-up Time Trial with Debbie – this was a great event under Team Merlin, it was the first time we had ridden together and managed to nail a pretty solid time in grim conditions, of course I’m hoping Debbie has also put this event down in her top 3 or I may not be getting an invitation to ride together again 😉 !
- World Ironman 70.3 Championship, Nice, Cote d’Azur – of course I had to put this race in my top 3, the course was amazing and always a great experience to race at a World Championship.
- Challenge Peguera, Mallorca – the final event of the season and this was definitely up there with one of the best events I’ve done, the support out on the course is amazing and the organisation is fantastic. A tough and challenging course but I guess you wouldn’t expect anything else from the challenge series.
- Going well under the hour on an L course in Cumbria (not a drag strip!!) for 25 miles in June with a 57-55, pleased with this as wanted to do a 58 but skipped that and went straight to 57!
- The VTTA (Veterans TT Association) National 100 in July, this was also the NLTTA (North Lancs TT Association) Championship 100 (also in Cumbria). Was very pleased with this for three reasons, I set a new NLTTA Ladies record for 100 miles of 4-15-46 by 3 minutes, took 9 minutes off my PB for 100 miles and also finished 2nd in the VTTA championship (also got silver in the 50 champs as well).
- The senior National 25 TT Champs were in August. Amazed to finish 6th overall here, my highest finish in a Senior National event. Also won my age group, was fastest veteran wench overall and and took another 2 mins 20 seconds off my PB with a time I was completely amazed with of 55-39 (it must have been good as Bex was impressed with it too!!)
Oh, hang on, yes the Blackburn 2 Up TT with Bex, can I have that one aswell? Obviously a highlight – all that #TeamMerlin in one place!