Northwave Extreme Tech SBS Cycling Shoes
- Next Day & World Wide Shipping
- Excellent Customer Service
- Buy in Store
- The Extreme Tech SBS has an ultralight carbon sole which offers superior stiffness, minimal thickness and a lightweight platform, which ensures minimal loss of power when you put the hammer down.
- SBS micrometric closure for precise fastening.
- Ventilation channels on the sole and the footbed provide all important cooling and moisture transfer for your feet, whatever the temperature.
- The upper has been constructed using advanced bio-mapping and is a single shell design with no stitching, that results in near perfect fit and excellent levels of comfort and foot positioning.
- Padded ankles to ensure no irritation on those punishing climbs.
- Extreme Air footbed offers superior levels of support and performance.
- Sole: 3 bolt (Look, Speedplay, Shimano SPD-SL and Time).
New Ultralight Footbed
- 12:3 Stiffness to weight ratio.
- Lightest (60g 30g less than the Evo) and stiffest outsole on the market.
- Extreme outsole and insole vents are precisely aligned to provide class leading ventilation.
- Co-developed with Speedplay
- Nylon with stainless steel outsole protection plate
- Just 0.3mm stack height instead of 3mm with normal Speedplay adaptor
- Saves 7.5 grams
- Still allows natural curved outsole shape and reduces unnecessary weight that some 4 hole flat soled Speedplay specific shoes have.
- The natural outsole shape means the fore or aft cleat positions do not push the pedal further from the foot compared to completely flat 4 hole systems.
- Combined with SBS micro adjuster strap allows the ultimate in fit and on-the-fly adjustment
- Uses proven technology developed for Northwave's market leading snowboard boots.
- Features a Plyamide 'Dyneema' cord (from Parachute design) that is heat treated and wax coated.
- The Dyneema cord is stronger and holds the foot firmer than steel wire as well as being kink resistant.
- Estimated delivery transit time: 5-10 Days
Royal Mail Int. Signed For 5-10 Days: $0.00
Royal Mail international serivce is the quickest and best service for small parcels. For Europe please allow 3-7 days, for Australia, USA, Canada, Japan and other countries the service is normally 5-10 working days. This service allows some tracking and requires a signature.
Royal Mail Priorty Airmail 4-8 days: $19.53
Royal Mail international serivce is the quickest and best service for small parcels. For Europe please allow 3-7 days, for Australia, USA, Canada, Japan and other countries the service is normally 4-8 working days. This service allow some tracking and requires a signature.
These are my first pair of Northwave shoes and I am extremely impressed with their light weight and quality of finish, the only thing that lets them down is the ratchet mechanism used to adjust the first strap, not one of the best I have used. Hence the 4 stars.
Good shoes, easy to fit, even in the saddle. If you have a wide sole or high instep, perhaps you need a bigger size. Cleats not included. About Merlin: best price I found in Europe, fast delivery in Italy (5 working days).
Very comfortable and lightweight shoe. Went for the multi coloured option which I think look great.
Nice shoes, very high quality, but just far too narrow for my feet. Mine boats are 113mm wide, I would say these are around 108mm wide. If they fit, they're one of the best shoes I've tried and at this price, why wouldn't you?
A good choice for me, sizes are sort of what they should be, maybe a little small, but not too much, as you wear them they will give. Very adjustable and featherlight
Great shoes. Really light and rigid. Great choice for speedplay pedals also.
Sizing is the same for me for Shimano shoes. Comes with 2 inner soles; one thick and one thin.
Only problem that, if you have narrow feet, even with the thick sole, it might be a bit wide. Still narrower than the other NW shoes but not a narrow fit definitely.
Very comfy shoes with fitting of normal shoe size. Width wider than normal cycling shoes. NW symbol looks to be reflective rather than the white of many pictures. Works superbly with Northwave Speedplay adaptor kit. Does need quite a bit of brutality to get the inner up to allow removing of the standard adaptor to be replaced by the Speedplay one - due to a little too much glue. But it all comes up without any permanent damage and doesn't need the glue to keep the Speedplay adaptor in place.
Light, comfortable, great fit and nice and cool very pleased.
Very stiff sole, excellent fastenings allow for the shoe to be fitted well to my foot, reasonably well ventilated as well.