When American company Speedplay first launched their clipless road pedal onto the market they instantly made a massive impact with both professional and amateur riders worldwide. With a totally new approach to the concept of a clipless pedal Speedplay essentially reversed the typical pedal and cleat system, with the cleat becoming the pedal attached to the bike and the pedal becoming the cleat attached to the shoe; the resulting pedal is a very simple ‘lollipop’ shaped design with minimal parts to get clogged up or go wrong. With a wide range of adjustment available in the cleat the rider can tailor it depending on their preference for movement within the pedal stroke. The key to Speedplay’s quick rise in popularity was thanks to their light weight, closeness of shoe to pedal axle for enhanced power transfer, the offer of plenty of float and the adjustability of the angle of release of the cleat from the pedal. Lightweight, simple and almost infinitely adjustable Speedplay pedals are now used by some of the most successful professional riders in the peloton including Tour de France Green Jersey winner Peter Sagan.
- Speedplay Zero Chromoly Pedals with Walkable CleatsView all Road Bike Pedals & CleatsRRP
- Speedplay Zero Aero PedalsView all Road Bike Pedals & CleatsRRP
- Speedplay Zero Stainless Pedals With Speedplay Walkable CleatsView all Road Bike Pedals & CleatsRRP
- Speedplay Aero Walkable CleatsView all Road Bike Pedals & CleatsRRP
- Speedplay Ultra Light Action Cromoly Pedals With Walkable CleatsView all Road Bike Pedals & CleatsRRP