Ravemen PR1200 Rechargeable Front Light
Ravemen PR1200 Rechargeable Front Light
Ravemen Lighting. Ravemen is derived from their passion for bike riding and concern for bike riders as well as others’ safety. Coming from different areas of the bicycle industry and being biking enthusiasts, engaging in night riding is quite normal for us. To our regret, most of the high-output bike lights on the market have no anti-glare capability, which is dangerous to oncoming traffic, and as a result places them at great risk.
In fact, many people have had the experience of being dazzled by high lumen bike lights, and Ravemen believe that every rider also tries not to disturb others while enjoying the fun of riding. Based on such perception and being inspired by automotive headlights, the idea of applying a similar design to bike lights came into their minds. Through the entire process of conceiving, designing, proofing, testing and adjusting, they finally made it! That means the world’s first bike light with a simulation of the design of automotive headlights is available.
Combining high quality and durable material with innovative design, along with the concern for riders and others’ safety which has been fused into their genes, Ravemen promise their products will be not only reliable and easy-to-use to improve your riding experience, but also a trusted companion that will earn you respect from others.
- DuaLens Optical Design for road biking mode, providing broad closed range flood light with anti-glare low beam for commuting, no dazzle and glare for oncoming traffic
- HiLo Beam System for Mountain Biking and Emergency Modes, providing illuminating light similar to automotive headlight with far reaching high beam and low beam
- Intelligent Memory circuit remembers the last used brightness level and mode when turned on again
- LED real-time display to show remaining runtime in each brightness level
- Micro USB charging port, compatible with most phone chargers
- USB output port to charge other USB-powered digital devices
- Intelligent thermal management circuit to prevent overheat of LEDs
- Quick release design for easily slide in and out
- Compatible with handlebar from 22.2mm to 31.8mm diameter
- 21 hours run time
- Max 1200 lumens, 3 modes and 8 brightness levels for various riding environments
- LED: 2*CREE XM-L2 with a lifespan of 50000 hours
- Battery: 5200mAh/3.7V rechargeable Lithium-ion battery
- Dimensions (Headlight): 100mm (L)*48mm (W)*27mm (H);
- Weight (Headlight): 213g
- Materials: The front and main body is made by aluminum with Mil Type III Hard Coat Anodizing; the rear part and the handlebar mount are made by durable plastic
AndrewHappy with performance of light but I also chose it specifically because fo the ability to charge other devices (mainly a Garmin on long rides) All works well but difficult to tighten up enough to stop it slipping on the bars even with the silicon tape provided for 31.8mm handlebars. It also has some side to side movement which is not ideal but I'm sure there is a way to use a shim to stop this.
Ms MarzecExcellent light, fantastic construction.
RoadbugFantastic light! It truly delivers on the promise of an anti-glare light for the road and an all around light for off-road cycling. It's built tough and feels secure. The handlebar fitting is very secure and doesn't jiggle like some reviews suggest. Maybe they've listened improved it or I got lucky but either way it's a perfect fit.
Mr KnudsenGood strong light with a nice wide beam. Smaller but heavier than expected. I like the fact that you do NOT blind oncoming traffic, and the amount of light coming out, even at low beam, gives me the confidence to go down unlit descents at 25-30 mph. I have not yet used the remote. The charge indicator on the light seem to be accurate. Charging via the laptop takes long though - however this is also indicated by the manufacturer. The bracket holds firm on the handlebar when you tighten it. The only slippage I have experienced was in the beginning when trying to find the right angle.
GordieloonMost expensive light I have ever bought so was expecting a lot from it. Living in the country, last winter was spent second guessing where corners and pot holes were but with the PR1200 there's no need now. It is a brilliant light, I love the dip switch so it doesn't dazzle oncoming cars. The digital display with the countdown time remaining seems to be working spot on (so far), now I don't panic that it's going to run out before I reach home!! The mounting fitted well and hasn't moved position despite the light unit being quite a heavy weight. I've tried using the remote switch but not convinced it's needed. Overall it's a brilliant light and I'm very happy with it, can't fault it so 5 stars from me.
Mr TurveyGood beam, good battery life and recharging USB capability. Mount is up to the job.
Mr HarrisWorks well, long battery life with a remaining time indicator that is realistic. Has a beam that can be shaped to suit needs of different types of riding & avoiding dazzle to oncoming traffic.