Shimano XTR M9020 Trail SPD Pedals
Shimano XTR M9020 Trail SPD Pedals, dual sided wide platform MTB pedal
- Ultimate power transfer matched with legendary dependability in an evolutionary trail pedal, the result of 20 years of SPD pedal design experience
- This XTR Trail pedal is ideally suited for to tackle single track and ultra-technical descents with control and confidence
- The large integrated cage provides excellent pedal to shoe contact increasing stability and control
- Low profile platform height of 8.5 mm with large platform contact area of 585 mm square for excellent support and stability
- Lightweight and high performance forged alloy body with hollow chrome-moly axle for stiffness and durability
- Beautifully constructed with a strong and slender spindle, using an 8 mm Allen wrench mounting system
- Teflon coated open binding system with slim oval axle body housing sheds mud efficiently and reduces stiction
- Sealed cartridge axle system for reliability and simplified low maintenance
- Easy entry system and tension adjustment provides plenty of support and holds the cleat firmly in place for confidence on the trail
- Weight: 379 grams per pair
HanExcellent, smooth bearings. Not as light as the regular SPDs but I'm putting them on the fatbike for riding with winter boots so weight doesn't matter as much. They should give more support to the bottom of the sole.
Dr SorrellExcellent order and delivery service. And the pedals are superb, perfect for trail riding. Great extended platform which also protects the quick release mechanism.
MitchellWorked great. I live in California and did not think these would come in time for my CX race. They came in 3 business days.....which is crazy. The race went great. Nice to have the wider base when missing a clip in on a re-mount. I guess if your pro then you could just opt for the non trail version. But I miss a lot of clip ins, especially on bumpy/muddy stuff and need something under my feet to keep pedaling.
CharmanExcellent all round, weight, platform, ease of in and out - and the price from Merlin is super, what more can you say
Mr AtalayThese are quality pedals. I used Wellgo road pedals but shimano XTR spd pedals are very different. Shimano XTR is comfortable and very easy.
Trance Armstrong5 stars...what else !? I've got about 4 sets of XT and a pair of XTR race, but these M9020s are so much more versatile. I'm actually replacing some M647s with these and they feel just as sure footed and stable, yet 200 grams lighter, much nicer looking and with better rock clearance.
Mr TannerSeems good so far. Bearing design has been updated. Hopefully it has fixed the problem with spindles coming out of body on previous design.
Mr MoranAwesome pedals!! Simple to use and light weight for having such a big platform to support your shoe! Highly recommend
Nick WilsonWonderful bit of kit - lightweight, beautifully engineered, premium materials. As of all Shimano SPD pedals, just work perfectly!
Dr.DBest Shimano pedals ever. I have owned every high end pedal since the original 737
Mr CVery consistent engagement and release with good platform for a softer rubber sole shoe.
Mr MartinShimano XTR M9020 Trail Pedals - they're strong, light, look good (especially on my black/grey coloured trail bike), and work faultlessly. Engagement/disengagement is reassuringly positive without being stiff or difficult, and is easily adjusted. Unclipping is so assured they give me the confidence to remain clipped-in when otherwise I'd have unclipped 'just in case'. On top of all that, pedaling is noticeably more efficient than with my previous trail style clip-in pedals. Can't comment on reliability yet, as they are still pretty new. However, my last pair of XTR pedals have received plenty of prolonged abuse, have never been serviced, but still function faultlessly on my XC bike.
Joe AGreat pedals! Started w/ the Deore's, tried the XT's...these XTR's are smooth! The outer cage is a plus too...more support. Highly recommended.
Jim H.I've used the older XT version (2 pairs) with great satisfaction. New bearing design for the XTR line.