The Sensa range of bikes is well established in mainland Europe and now introduced into the UK in a major way by Merlin Cycles. The direct purchase from the manufacturer allows these custom build road bikes to be offered at an excellent price point allowing the customer to access a superior road bike at an affordable price.
Do you know the way to Almelo?
Sensa are based in Holland. In Almelo in eastern Holland to be precise. If you’re an avid bike racing junkie then you may have heard of this town before. The Profonde van Almelo is a UCI category 2.1 elite men’s and women’s professional road bicycle racing event held annually in the town.
Sensa have been producing bikes for 25 years now. There current slogan is “We make sportive bikes for active people, to enjoy cycling!” Which is as good a summary as you’ll find. Although it does overlook somewhat their racier bikes such as the aero Calabria and certain guises of their iconic Giulia.
By cyclists, for cyclists
They’re a relatively modest sized company, staffed almost entirely by enthusiastic cyclists. They ride a lot. And they don’t just rag it around the the Netherlands. They’re always bobbing off to the Alps, the Pyrenees and the Ardennes.
Sensa bikes are for riders. New riders, old riders, fast riders, steady riders. Anyone who gets their kicks from cycling is well served by a Sensa. Sensa bikes are easy to live with and reliable. They don’t really do one season wonders that have to be binned after hard season or two. Sensa are designed to be with you for a decent amount of time.
It starts with a frame but doesn’t end there
Sensa don’t chase to have the absolute stiffest or the absolute lightest frame. Their bikes are plenty stiff and light enough thanks but they have a healthy and realistic view that – although important – the frame is not the be all and end all of a bike. They put just as much emphasis and concentration on the most appropriate finishing kit as possible.
Speaking of which, Supra is Sensa’s in-house component brand. By having their own brand stuff it makes it possible to achieve a cohesiveness and performance that is very rare without much higher price tags. This is especially noticeable on models with Supra wheelsets.
They don’t really do cheap’n’ nasty bikes. All of their bikes meet a performance spec that, as cyclists themselves, Sensa are proud to bear their name.
(Customers from the Republic of Ireland please click here for a dealer list. Sorry we do not ship Sensa to Rep of Ireland)
View All Sensa Products
- Sensa Lombardia LTD Carbon Road Bike - FULL 105 5800 11 Speed Groups & Mavic Aksium WheelsView all Road Bikes$1,048.27RRP $1,699.99Save 38%
- Limited Edition 2015 Giulia G1 Supremo, full Ultegra groupset with Supra RCA55 Elite wheels at a very special sale price.View all Road Bikes$1,698.87RRP $2,833.33Save 40%
- The Ultimate All-rounder Sensa Giulia G2 - MattView all Road BikesFrom $1,734.00RRP $1,925.53Save 10%
- Sensa Aquila SL Custom for when hills are steepView all Road BikesFrom $1,779.33RRP $1,972.00Save 10%
- Sensa Team short sleeve jersey, BioRacer professional clothingView all Cycling Team Clothing$39.66
- Sensa Giulia G2 Replacement HangerView all Gear Hangers$20.35RRP $22.66Save 10%
- 7005 series hydroformed aluminium frame. Suntour XCM 100mm suspension fork. Shimano groupset. Shimano hydraulic disc brakes.View all Mountain Bikes$571.20RRP $634.66Save 10%
- Sensa Fermo cyclocross bike - Available with Tiagra 4600 or 105 5700 buildsView all Cyclocross BikesFrom $595.00RRP $963.33Save 38%
- Sensa Giulia Mech HangerView all Frame Spares$20.35RRP $22.66Save 10%
- Sensa Calabria when there is a need for speedView all Road BikesFrom $1,739.67RRP $1,930.07Save 10%
- Sensa Womens Travel Lite Trekking BikeView all Commuter & Urban Bikes$733.27RRP $814.87Save 10%
- Sensa Emilia Ladies Road Bike - Tiagra 10 Speed TripleView all Road Bikes$765.00RRP $848.87Save 10%