Emile Louis Constant Schiff became the owner of the Nederlandse Guttapercha Maatschappij in Delft, the forerunner of Apollo Vredestein, on 6 November 1908. In 1909, the company moved to Loosduinen and changed its name to NV Rubberfabriek Vredestein.

At the time, the company specialised in all kinds of rubber products, including shoe heels, tennis balls, floor covering, boots and indoor football balls. On 13 September 1934, most of the factory in Loosduinen went up in flames. Reconstruction started immediately, and the bicycle tyre factory in Doetinchem was established in the same year.

View All Vredestein Products