Castelli Sanremo RC Speed Suit - SS23
A merger of Castelli's fast Aero Race 6 jersey and bestselling Free Aero RC racing bib shorts, the Sanremo RC Speed Suit blends the aerodynamic performance of a TT suit with the wearability and moisture management of the brand's best road kit.
Modelled using CFD for aero efficiency at 19 to 34 mph/30 to 55 kmph, it will give professionals and amateur racers alike a competitive advantage.
A mix of fabrics promotes optimum performance, with the light, low drag front and sleeves being close fitting and wicking, the main body being compressive to offer support and drive blood flow to the muscles, and the back being composed of loose, breathable 3D mesh to keep you dry and comfortable during periods of effort.
The handy opening at the front between the jersey and short portions is a fixture of the Sanremo range and allows you to vent the suit mid-race.
The seams have been placed with two goals in mind, marginal gains and comfort. They're therefore minimal, with the suit being composed from a modest five panels of fabric, with no seams in the areas most vulnerable to the wind.
When it comes to the seat pad, a luxurious feel has been prioritised, so it is soft, supportive and sculpted with a multitude of thicknesses, gel inserts and a silky-smooth top layer, to cushion your anatomy without compromise.
Soft but elastic raw-cut leg and sleeve endings keep the suit in place as you ride and a protective, reflective strip provides the finishing touch to a cutting edge, fast yet practical suit that has been perfected and tested during a decade of WorldTour events. Ready for anything, it leverages Castelli's best innovations to see you through races and training sessions with equal ease.
- CFD-based fabric placement and seam construction
- Engineered for aero efficiency at 19 to 34 mph
- High compression 215g Forza 2 fabric with 32% Lycra® content for support
- 5-panel construction for reduced seams and a smoother feel
- Sanremo opening maximises your comfort, in and out of ride position
- Airflow shoulder construction
- Elbow-length stretch sleeves with a raw-cut edge
- Velocity Rev2 fabric on front and sleeve
- 3D mesh back for breathability
- YKK® Vislon® zipper
- 3 rear pockets, with integrated number pocket
- Raw-cut leg endings, reflective piping on back of legs
- Progetto X² Air Seamless seat pad
- Weighs 228g (M)
- Temperature range 15-35°C, 59-95°F