CeramicSpeed UFO Factory Optimized Chain KMC - 12 Speed
Due to its unique optimisation treatment, CeramicSpeed's Ultrafast Racing Chain saves you watts and improves your performance with free speed and unparalleled low friction. Our ultrafast racing chains are carefully selected from high quality suppliers and optimised by hand in Denmark.
CeramicSpeed UFO Racing Chains can save you between 2–5 watts on a distance of 650 km/400 miles. Apply CeramicSpeed UFO Drip after 650km to maintain your peak chain optimization over the life of the chain.
Be aware that the UFO treatment is not optimised for wet and muddy conditions, which might cause corrosion on the chain. Read more about this in the maintenance tab.
View test data here.
- CeramicSpeed uses chains from high-end brands to which an optimisation treatment is applied. The CeramicSpeed UFO Chains go through a multi-step process, which involves polishing, cleaning, and application of two layers of treatment to achieve the most efficient chain possible. The UltraFast Optimization process is not highly technical, but it is very time consuming.
- The wax blend used in the optimisation of the ultra-fast chains was discovered through intensive testing in order to find the fastest base. Thereafter, the base was tweaked to achieve the lowest friction levels on the test equipment. After additional testing and multiple ratios of additives-to-base, the most efficient formula of optimisation was identified. CeramicSpeed started from the initial formula of the UltraFast Optimization process and incorporated a couple of advancements on top of the traditional treatment, for improved results.
- The CeramicSpeed UFO Chain is a racing chain, developed with the purpose of delivering the unrivalled performance and will perform optimal for about 650 km/400 miles or potentially more under clean and dry conditions. After this, the watts saved start to decrease nevertheless, your used chain will still feature traces of optimisation and perform better than a regular chain.
- The maintenance and oiling of the used chain, will prolong the life of your chain, saving less watts than optimised, still being above the level of a new standard chain. CeramicSpeed recommends the use of UFO Drip Chain Coating for the maintenance interventions.
The Optimisation Process
- The optimisation of a CeramicSpeed UFO chain is a multi-step process starting with a polishing method of the link's sliding surfaces that removes friction-producing surface like roughness and manufacturing imperfections. The chain is followed by a cleaning routine to fully remove the inefficient factory lube and friction-producing contaminants introduced during the manufacturing process. The next steps require the infusion of the chain at optimal temperatures with the optimisation blend. The entire process allows the sliding surfaces of an ultra-fast CeramicSpeed UFO Chain to have distinct lubricating layers working together as a system for the ultimate chain efficiency available.
- Mounting your new optimised chain is no different from the installation of any other chain.
- Use the set of gloves provided in the package and make sure to cover the floor when installing the CeramicSpeed UFO Racing Chain. Always connect the chain with the connecting link provided. We do not recommend reusing the connecting link. To install your chain, a chain tool is required. Shorten the chain at optimal length.
- When cutting the chain with the chain tool, remember that the cut needs to be made so that the chain-ends are both inner plates. Attach the two pieces of the connecting link where the link rivet matches the link plate hole, then pull the chain to activate the lock.
- Within 650 km/400 miles, to benefit from the full advantages of the CeramicSpeed UFO Racing Chain, you must not wash the chain before the mileage is exceeded. However, if your chain needs cleaning, use a dry cloth or a soft brush and carefully remove the dirt off the chain. When taking the chain off for maintenance or cleaning, remember to reinstall it in the same direction as before. In the case of a mild shower, where the chain has not been exposed to water more than a few minutes, the chain performance properties should not be affected.
- In the case of light showers, we recommend applying UFO Drip Chain Coating. Allow the UFO Drip Chain Coating to dry off before riding.
- In the case of heavy showers, you should cover your chain in a protective grease on top of the UFO treatment. This will slightly influence the watt savings, but it will protect the chain while still improving your performance.
- After 650 km/400 miles the chain may undergo maintenance, keeping in mind that traces of the optimisation are still left on the chain. When using UFO Drip Chain Coating, after the 650 km/400 miles, please follow the instructions on the bottle. Note that the huge watts saving of 2-5 watts is achieved within the first 650 km/400 miles interval and decrease slightly after the UFO treatment wears off.
In The Box
- 126 link Optimized Chain.
- Quick Link.
- Disposable Gloves.
- Sticker Sheet.
- Single-use UFO Drip Sample.