Frog Tadpole Kids Bike
The lightweight, sturdy aluminium frame of the Tadpole makes this the perfect “learn to ride bike”; suitable for kids aged 2-3 years (please check the sizing guide). With an easy to grip Tektro rear brake with an adjustable lever for little hands, a 12" wheel and it has a quick release seat-post for easy height adjustment. The locking headset means the handlebars have a steering limiter, which is safer for learners.
Comes with reflectors and a bell, 5 year warranty available on the frame and forks, 2 years on all other parts.
- 2-3 (Please check the sizing guide)
- 4.1 kg
- Aluminium Fork
- Aluminium 4" Tadpole Frame
- Locking headset, 27mm
- (Rear only) Tektro Aluminium J310 Black
- (Left only) Tektro Aluminium JL352-RS V Brake Lever Black
Length of top tube:
- 318mm (horizontal distance from seat post to stem: 332mm)
- Frog Bikes Aluminium 35mm Stem
- Frog Bikes Aluminium Little Handlebars Width 440mm
- Frog Bikes Specific Slim Grips
- Frog Bikes Saddle Size:201*136mm, Black, adjustable rails for better fit
- 200mm long aluminium 27.2 with Quick Release for easy adjustment
- Aluminium 12" x 1.5" 20 holes Black （Weight :155g）
- Aluminium 20 holes
- Kenda 12.5" x 1.75" hybrid tyres
- Kenda 12.5" x 1.75" with Schrader Valves
- Red reflector hangs from saddle rails
Shipping charges for this item to United States: $18.75
How to choose a Child's Bike
In contrast to many children's bikes, Frog bikes are sized by the length rather than age, as this is the most reliable way of getting the right size of bike for each child. Age alone isn't a reliable measure as there is a large spread of "normal" leg lengths & heights for age.
Please take the time to measure the rider's inside leg. It's easy to measure:
- Stand the child in socks against wall
- Place a small book between their legs, as high as is comfortable
- Ask the child to move away and measure from the top of the book to the floor
Once you have measured the inside leg, use this table to find the right size bike for your child. Note we give the MINIMUM inside leg length for each bike, with the saddle at it's lowest setting. At this height, the child will safely be able to get their feet to the ground. Don't worry - Frog Bikes have long seat posts, so the saddle can be raised a long way as the rider grows.
|Approx age||Wheel Size||Frame Size|
|Frog Road 58||58||6-7||20″||11″|
|Frog Road 67||67||8-12||24″||14″|
|Frog Road 70||70||11-14||26″||17″|
Of course all children have different length arms and torsos too, so to ensure a comfortable riding position, the handlebar height can be tailored, and saddles can be slid back and forwards on their rails.(These adjustments are easy to do and just need an allen key; instructions are in the manual that comes with each bike.