Extra 5% off Selected Hope parts When you spend over $65 Save An Extra $4.10 at the checkout
Hope Stainless Steel Road Bottom Bracket
RRP $91.02Save 10%
Hope Road Bottom Bracket, English thread
- The external bottom bracket is available with two different bearing options.
- Optimized for road use.
- All common systems are covered with this upgrade unit - making it ideal for Shimano, Race Face, and others.
- The machined aluminium cups hold either full stainless steel cartridge bearings, or ceramic bearings in stainless races.
- These custom, Swiss made bearings are double sealed, fully serviceable and removable which give much greater life span than stock units.
- The bearings are made (as all our bearings are) by INA and have been designed to run directly on the crankset axle, without the use of shims or spacers - again increasing life and reliability.
- We use a non contact, free running labyrinth seal to protect the bearing externally, and the machined aluminium centre tube is sealed internally with o-rings.
- Standard 6 colours are available on cups - red, blue, silver, black, gold and gunmetal, with the centre tubes being black on the stainless and gunsmoke on the ceramic.
- English thread
Please enter your e-mail address below then click Notify Me to be notified when this item comes back into stock. We will not use your e-mail address for any other purpose.
Free shipping on this item to United States
Mr BurtonDecent bottom bracket, buttery smooth. Beware that you'll need different tools to fit/remove it than for hollowtech II cups though. Time will tell with durability.
McKinneyFeels really solid, smooth and quiet. Quality component, easy to fit. Yes it cost 5 times the price of a shimano BB but it was money well spent and really compliments the rest of the bike (Kinesis Ti Tripster ATR).
WarbeanRobust, no nonsense product. If you want to go as far as replacing bearings, you will need the Hope bearing knock out/in tool. Pricey but worth it.
Mr PolakLike all Hope products, this one is beautifully engineered, and certainly looks durable. It went in to replace a Dura Ace product, so not really an improvement in terms of weight, and I sure as hell can't tell if it's smoother or not. But it looks more bling, and promises a longer lifespan.
Mr alexanderQuality product. Spins miles better than a dura ace 7900 BB. As usual delivery, service and price from Merlin Cycles was excellent.
Mr MacDonaldA bit of bling, replaceable bearings and fantastic customer support, if needed, from Hope. Combine that with a keen price and fast delivery from Merlin and it's a no brainer