Merlin Kendal Electric MTB Bike is no longer available at Merlin Cycles. However you may find an alternative or updated product below.
Merlin Kendal Electric MTB Bike
This item was discontinued 1st July 2016.
If you require help finding an alternative to this product please contact customer services.
An affordable entry level electric mountain bike, Alloy frame, 27 Shimano gears, SR Suntour suspension fork and Tektro mechanical disc brakes.
A few notes about our electric bikes:
Merlin electric bikes are pedal-assist electric bikes. They sense how much input the rider is giving and generate assistance based on this. They have a maximum continuous rated power of 0.25KW of which the output is progressively reduced and finally cut off as it reaches 25km/h (15mph).
Once the bike reaches 25km/h (15mph) the motor no longer assists. Applying the brakes will also cause the motor to stop.
Our electric bikes come handlebar-mounted Display Panels. This panel shows you: battery power, current speed, maximum speed, average speed, assist level, total mileage, trip distance and riding time.
The bikes are capable of up to 60 kilometres depending on the type of terrain being ridden.
A complete battery charge takes 8 hours but you can keep topping it up at any stage in the battery’s state.
You may check the state of charge by pushing the button on the LED Panel of the battery.
You can still pedal the bike as a normal bike should the battery power run out.
You need to be aged 14 or over to ride one on public roads.
- Frame: Kendal Alloy
- Motor: Max Power 250W High Torque Brushless Motor
- Battery: Li-ion 36V/10Ah with status indicator LEDs
- Display Panel: Kendal Display Panel
- Fork: SR-Suntour XCM
- Gears: Shimano Alivio shifters with Shimano Deore and Altus derailleurs, 27 speed
- Wheels: Kendal Anodised 26”
- Tyres: Kendal 26 x 2.10 with Reflective Strip
- Brakes: Wuxing Levers with Sensors, Tektro Novela Mechanical Disc Calipers, 160mm rotors
- Stem: Kendal Alloy Ahead
- Handlebars: Kendal Alloy Riser
- Headset FSA Semi-Integrated
- Grips: Slim Waffle
- Seatpost: Kendal Alloy with QR Clamp
- Saddle: Kendal MTB
- Pedals: Kendal Metal Cage with resin Body
- Range: 60km +/- depending on terrain
- Charge time: 8 hours
- Misc: Rear rack mounts
- Colour: Matt White
- Weight: 24.3kg inc. battery
- 48cm suits riders from 5' 7" to 5' 11"
- 57cm suits riders 5' 10" to 6' 2"