Zipp 303 S Carbon Tubeless Disc Front Clincher Wheel - 700c
Zipp's 303 S Carbon Tubeless Disc Brake wheels provides today's cyclists the versatility they demand with the speed they crave. Expanding greatly on its heritage of conquering the Spring Classics, this 303 wheelset maintains its ideal-for-every-terrain 45mm rim depth but adds a significantly wider internal width to provide greater performance and ride quality in almost every measurable way. Road bikes are more versatile than ever, no matter the road surface, but just as fast as before.
The 303 S offers an entirely new rim profile and design to optimize rider performance on this new breed of bike. This wheelset is tubeless for disc-brake bikes, allowing the ability to run wide tyres at lower pressures for race-ready speed on or off the pavement. The 303 S is among Zipp's lightest wheelsets, optimized for top aero performance with a 28mm tyre but capable of handling gravel tyres up to 50mm wide.
The 303 S borrows design concepts from the higher-level 303 Firecrest Tubeless Disc-brake wheels to gain speed through increased efficiency. That is achieved by creating a wheel with reduced: Wind resistance, rolling resistance, rider fatigue, and weight. The key innovation is in the 303 S Series’ rim design. Its 45mm rim depth is the same as its predecessor, the 302 Disc brake. But its rim width is 2mm wider, at 27mm, and its tyre bed is a full 7mm wider, at 23mm. That rim platform is designed to be the fastest with a 28mm tyre. The wide rim optimizes tyre profile to allow lower tyre pressure. That helps to reduce rolling resistance and provides a more compliant ride. The result of all this is a 10 percent watt savings vs. a top peer wheel in total power required to ride 40kph on a smooth flat road with a 28mm tyre, according to internal Zipp testing.
- Zipp graphics and cosmetic identity that scream speed
- Fastest with 28mm, fits wide gravel tyres as well
- 176 DB rear hub with Center locking interface
- Wide rims optimize tyre profile to allow lower tyre pressure, especially with tubeless. The result is a larger contact patch for increase grip for confident cornering, descending, and handling in wet conditions.
- Lower tyre pressures and larger volume provides a compliant ride with fewer vibrations.
- Significant watt savings when running larger tyres at lower pressure.
- Wide hookless rims create a seamless transition to the tyre, reducing drag.
- Size: 700c
- Rim: Carbon, Clincher, Tubeless Ready
- Depth: 45mm
- Rotor Mount: Centrelock
- Hub: Zipp 76D
- Front Axle: TA 12x100mm
- Spoke Count: 24 / 2 Cross
- Max Tyre Pressure: 73psi
- Max Recommended Rider Weight: 250lbs