Fizik R1 Infinito Road Shoes
Fizik R1 Infinito Road Shoes
The ultimate racers shoe designed for riding in hot weather with ultimate breathability. Following on from the success of the R1B shoe launched in 2016 the R1 Infinito takes fit to a whole new level. The volume control toe box combined with dynamic arch support means you have a show which conforms to your foot giving real comfort whilst the uni directional carbon fibre sole provides stiffness and ulitmate power transfer.
The R1 Infinito’s Microtex upper is hard-wearing, light, and resilient with enough flexibility to ensure comfort for every rider’s foot, but strong enough to withstand the demands of racing – without any weight penalty. The diamond-shaped laser-cut perforations help temperature management and breathability.
- Volume control: The lower Boa controls toe box volume. The offset position means the front of the shoe wraps across the foot making it much more adaptable to different foot shapes.
- Dynamic arch support: The lower Boa also moulds the shoe to support the arch of the foot. The top Boa is then used to tighten the shoe to the foot.
- Uni directional, aerodynamic, vented carbon outsole with replaceable heel tab delivers power transfer through the pedals with ventilation to keep the feet cool on the toughest of climbs.
- Heel gripper on the inside of the shoe.
- Full uni directional carbon fibre, aerodynamic ventilated outsole.
- Laser-perforated Microtex upper (as used on fi’zi:k saddle covers: lighter than leather, very durable, good in wet conditions, breathable and cleans up well).
- Double BOA IP1-B closure system (tri-modal: tighten, loosen and complete release)
- Neutral fit to accommodate the majority of foot shapes
- Volume control and dynamic arch support to give the ultimate fit
- Fi’zi:k Cycling Insole
- Weight: 232g (size 42.5)
Will Mumby I’d always been hesitant to take the plunge and buy a pair of R1s but at the price it couldn’t say no and I’m glad I did it. They’re light, comfortable and super stiff. The toe box is somewhat narrower than my S-works 6 shoes but this isn’t a complaint at all. The only slight negative (and it is tiny) is that in a direct comparison the heel grip isn’t as good as my S-works but it’s by no means bad. Super happy and will probably purchase again in a few years (or I see them in another colour I want)
Guy Like slippers! Worth every penny.
Mr Yeh Very good shoes. It's also light and breathable. Nice to wear.
chris Fantastic shoes. A cracking sale price from Merlin finally meant that I could have the shoes I've craved for ages. They look stunning and are top quality. Packing and presentation were superb. Even a little booklet in the box and perfectly wrapped. The QA Dept at Fizik sure know how to present a product. On the bike they are excellent. Adjustment is more than any previous shoe I've had, which is a real bonus to help stop knee pain and stresses. Fit and function is also as good as can be expected. The sizing is maybe a little small, if you are on the larger side of a shoe size or have wide feet I would go up half a size. Otherwise absolutely totally recommended. Expensive, sure, but definitely worth it.
Mr Carner These were my first pair of road shoes but they are absolutely amazing and would strongly suggest these for anybody looking for a serious pair of shoes
Erich Great shoe at a fair price level. Nice quality and true fit.
Mr SSK クリートをつけて片側304gと非常に軽くホールド性も良い。半額以下で手に入ったのは感激です。
Mark Great shoes especially for the sale price Merlin was charging! Lightweight yet stiff. Easy fitting to foot with twin Boa fasteners. Sizing as per Fizik site, 44.5 fits my UK size 10 feet really well without pinching my toes . Inside sole unit could be a little thicker, but still comfortable enough on my first outing of 90 miles! Highly recommended, especially at Merlin's prices !!!
Mr Crawford Lovely shoes. Super light and comfortable. Service from Merlin exemplary as usual
Mr. Talaboc As you would expect the these shoes are top quality. Adjustment is easy and double Boa system allows for micro fitting. I did find them a bit narrow and tight after five hours riding. The soles are really stiff.
NAIWEI Stiff and super light weight. BOA adjustment dials are just simply magical.