Bike Tools & Maintenance
A well maintained bike makes your riding experienced even better. Having a few decent bike-specific tools at your disposal also helps to extend the life of your bike and components.
- There's only so far you can get with a multi-tool. Here's our selection of quality tool separates for the enthused home mechanic.
- Mini-pumps, track pumps, CO2 cannisters and a full array of spares of accessories for inflation tools.
- Are you a minimalist or a Macgyver? Choose from super dinky multitools through to ones that are a bit more beefy
- Cleaning, polishing and protecting products to keep your pride and joy in tiptop shape.
- There are oils and greases for every thing on a bicycle. You don't need all of them but it's important not to use the wrong stuff.
- Get your bike at a better working height. Extremely useful for working on gears and brakes.
- Floor prop stands and wall mounted holders. Some can also double as mini workstands.
- Knowledge is power. Learning how to fix your own bike can also save you some serious money in mechanic fees.
If you get seriously into cycling you'll learn to appreciate regular maintenance and knowing about how to repair things. It's part of cycling and given the right equipment and environment it can become a really enjoyable and satisfying part of cycling. At the very least you'll need some bike specific chain lubrication and a decent multi-tool. After that you'll find yourself contemplating a track pump, some quality tool separates and maybe even a workstand. You may never want to leave the garage!