The lovechild of a road bike and a mountain bike. Drop bars and skinny wheels but also knobbly tyres and disc brakes. CX bikes have been around for decades but have only recently become genuinely mainstream.
- Small framed for smaller riders Felt’s Cyclocross bike the F24X has a custom Butted aluminium frame and fork.View all Kids Bikes$417.63RRP $620.01Save 32.5%
- Felt F3X Cyclocross Bike 2015View all Cyclocross Bikes$2,141.62RRP $2,890.18Save 26%
- Merlin X2.0 Sora 9 Speed Alloy Cyclocross BikeView all Cyclocross Bikes$696.03RRP $1,069.76Save 35%
- Merlin X2.0 105 Carbon Cyclocross Bike 2016View all Cyclocross Bikes$1,176.84RRP $1,659.78Save 29%
- Merlin X2.0 Ultegra Mix Carbon Cyclocross Bike - 2016View all Cyclocross Bikes$1,712.26RRP $2,141.66Save 20%
- High grade aluminium frame with carbon fibre fork. Shimano 105 drivetrain and TRP disc brakes. Comes with fitted mudguards and road-ready tyres. Your new workmate.View all Cyclocross Bikes$910.15RRP $1,391.01Save 34.5%
- Merlin X2.0 105 11 Speed Alloy Cyclocross Bike - 2016View all Cyclocross Bikes$855.59RRP $1,391.01Save 38.5%
- Felt F4X Carbon Cyclocross Bike - 2016View all Cyclocross Bikes$2,119.18RRP $2,354.76Save 10%
- Sensa Trentino CXD disc bike with a full Sram Force 1 GroupsetView all Cyclocross Bikes$1,926.43RRP $2,140.59Save 10%
- Sensa Trentino CXD disc bike with a Ultegra Groupset and RS685 hydraulic discView all Cyclocross Bikes$1,733.68RRP $1,926.43Save 10%
- Transition Rapture Cyclocross Bike - 2016View all Cyclocross Bikes$696.05RRP $1,070.78Save 35%
They may just look like road bikes that someone's popped knobbly tyres on to but in reality a cyclocross bike is quite significantly different from its dropbar cousins. 'Cross bikes have significanlty more frame clearance around the tyres to allow for larger volume tyres covered in sticky mud and leaves. Most modern cyclocross bikes have moved towards disc brakes but there are some models that still offer traditional canti rim brakes. The generally geometry is typically a bit slacker for stable handling at slower speeds and down technical terrain. The bottom bracket is also a bit higher to allow for better pedaling clearance. A decent cyclocross bike is a true go anywhere do anything bicycle. Well worth checking out if you're after something of a true all rounder.